Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AllPro plate bumper installed

Old 05-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #21
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
damn it that looks awesome man
Old 05-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #22
45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed45longcolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

45longcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! I once wanted another bumper heavier built than the All Pro until I heard a few true stories and looked at the front end of my truck. Our trucks nowadays are designed to crumple upon impact, even the frame is made to crumple with indentations in the front pieces. Our "real" bumper under than plastic is really made of aluminum!

Guy said he saw something like the heavy duty Rough Country bumper on a Taco that had been in a head on collision. Bumper went through the ordeal just fine with hardly any bending at all. It was so strong it survived well after pushing the engine back up into the cab to kill the driver.

That 1/8" All Pro don't look so bad now.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #23
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
Looks good man! I once wanted another bumper heavier built than the All Pro until I heard a few true stories and looked at the front end of my truck. Our trucks nowadays are designed to crumple upon impact, even the frame is made to crumple with indentations in the front pieces. Our "real" bumper under than plastic is really made of aluminum!

Guy said he saw something like the heavy duty Rough Country bumper on a Taco that had been in a head on collision. Bumper went through the ordeal just fine with hardly any bending at all. It was so strong it survived well after pushing the engine back up into the cab to kill the driver.

That 1/8" All Pro don't look so bad now.
WOW thanks man now it all has to come offhaha, NO i am not to worried about it like you said its only 1/8'' steel.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:10 AM   #24
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
looks nice! i was lookin between that, and the Shrockworks bumper, but decided on doing my own out of aluminum. heres my in-progress pic from tonight:
Old 05-31-2008, 12:25 AM   #25
20taco07 has a spectacular aura about20taco07 has a spectacular aura about20taco07 has a spectacular aura about

20taco07's Tacoma Gallery
congrats on the all pro
Old 05-31-2008, 09:07 AM   #26
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
looks nice! i was lookin between that, and the Shrockworks bumper, but decided on doing my own out of aluminum. heres my in-progress pic from tonight:
Thats turin out real nice , i wish i had skill to build something like that
Old 05-31-2008, 12:36 PM   #27
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Thats turin out real nice , i wish i had skill to build something like that
thanks, yeah i began learning to build stuff like this in high school- built front and rear plate bumpers for my '95 chevy and thought it would be cool to be able to say that i was the one that built my bumper. As a bonus, my materials costs right now are only about $500 and a friend of my would probably powder coat it for like $200 if i wanna do that. Hey, you mind taking a few pics of how that Allpro mounted to the frame? i've got mine on pretty securely but i'd be interested in seeing their system for reference. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:24 PM   #28

Theres 6 inside the bumper 3 on each side.

Then 2 on the bottom 1 on each side
Old 05-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #29
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How thick are those shackle tabs?
Old 05-31-2008, 04:12 PM   #30
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
How thick are those shackle tabs?
Whoops! Just found the answer in the "show us your Taco" thread.

"Massive" would qualify as a descriptor.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:45 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Whoops! Just found the answer in the "show us your Taco" thread.

"Massive" would qualify as a descriptor.
haha. yeah, just makin them beefy so it looks tougher and since its aluminum- dont wanna bend or elongate the holes from pullin stuff. i did 1" thick on my chevy rear bumper and found some shackles that worked perfect for it. they looked sick when it was all said and done.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:47 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post

Theres 6 inside the bumper 3 on each side.

Then 2 on the bottom 1 on each side
hey, thanks for the pics and fast post man. thats exactly the same mounting spots i have now, but im gonna tie in my shackle anchors with another bracket directly to the frame too. you use the winch with it on there yet?
Old 05-31-2008, 06:35 PM   #33

Quote:
hey, thanks for the pics and fast post man. thats exactly the same mounting spots i have now, but im gonna tie in my shackle anchors with another bracket directly to the frame too. you use the winch with it on there yet?
No, i am goin out tommorw to a farm the i wheel on i might have to use it there because i am goin alone
Old 06-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #34

I was able to get out today and somewhat put the bumper to a test ,I didnt have to use the winch today the place i went isnt really hardcore