Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Security Light Flashing

Old 04-10-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
Celtic Bob is on a distinguished road
Celtic Bob's Tacoma Gallery
Security Light Flashing

I just finished installing an amp and head unit in my new 2010 Tacoma. I have now noticed that the dash security light (by the clock) keeps flashing untill the key is in the ignition. I never noticed this before. Did I mess something up or is this normal on the 2010's?
Thanks
b.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
Thanks
It goes out once the key is in but back on once it is taken out. I just never noticed it before on this one or my previous 06
Old 04-10-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
all is good, adios
Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
kenstar is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Ken
kenstar's Tacoma Gallery
rofl. I noticed this the first night I brought my car home. My dad noticed it. After thumbing through the manual found my answer.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, just the electronic immobilizer. Prevents the truck from starting when a key without the proper chip is used. It's standard (by law) on Canadian vehicles, and optional on American vehicles. If you have a key made at the local hardware store, you'll be able to use it to open the doors, but if you try to start the engine with it, the light will stay flashing, and the engine will won't start.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
moelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nice

moelov's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so I'm having this problem now. Last night I sat in the truck finishing a phone call.
This evening I got into the truck and before I put the key in I noticed the light flashing.
I turned the key started the truck then turned it off, pulled the key out and the security indicator came on.

I know forsure in the past the light only comes on when I lock the truck.

What could be causing this?
Old 09-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
^^^^Normal!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #8
moelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nicemoelov is just really nice

moelov's Tacoma Gallery
Weird, I just don't ever remember seeing the security light flashing when I'm sitting in the truck on a call while the keys are out of the ignition.

Anyone else?
Old 10-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by moelov View Post
Weird, I just don't ever remember seeing the security light flashing when I'm sitting in the truck on a call while the keys are out of the ignition.

Anyone else?
You saw a thread about the light so all of a sudden you notice the light but seriously it ia normal.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #10
photonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud ofphotonashville has much to be proud of
Name: John
photonashville's Tacoma Gallery
That flashing light is not an issue. My wife's 2000 4Runner does it and so does my 2006 Tacoma. It's just part of the vehicle security. No one reads owner manuals anymore.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #11

moelov's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
You saw a thread about the light so all of a sudden you notice the light but seriously it ia normal.
No, I searched before before starting a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonashville View Post
That flashing light is not an issue. My wife's 2000 4Runner does it and so does my 2006 Tacoma. It's just part of the vehicle security. No one reads owner manuals anymore.
And yes I looked it up. Page 76 in the 2009 Owners Manual.

Well I guess It never really bothered me before. I swear I don't remember.

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #12
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Bob View Post
I just finished installing an amp and head unit in my new 2010 Tacoma. I have now noticed that the dash security light (by the clock) keeps flashing untill the key is in the ignition. I never noticed this before. Did I mess something up or is this normal on the 2010's?
Thanks
b.
This should explain everything...then again maybe not.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-blinking.html
Old 10-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by moelov View Post
No, I searched before before starting a new thread.
That's why I said saw and not made or created.