Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anyone removed the KARR alarm installed by the dealer??

Old 04-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
BBBsti LTD will become famous soon enough
BBBsti LTD's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone removed the KARR alarm installed by the dealer??

My truck has a KARR alarm installed by the dealer but it is not activated. Anyone here knows how many wires connect this alarm to the harness of the car?

Do they tap the wires and connect everything even if you dont buy the alarm from the dealer?

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
why not just activate it and use it? If you need to get another alarm, just go to a stereo shop and buy a new alarm, they will bypass the stock one.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my truck new from the dealer, it had the "KARR" alarm sticker on the driver's side window. But I never paid for the option and I don't have any remote for it either. The dealer I bought my truck from got it from another dealer so the original dealer must have installed the alarm.

When I ripped apart my dash to do change the LEDs on my gauge, I did notice there were wiring T-Taps on various places of the wiring so I assumed this was from the alarm. If anyone can find a way to activate it, let me know.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
cjastacio is on a distinguished road
cjastacio's Tacoma Gallery
I have removed the KARR install from my truck. It's pretty easy as they typically just use t taps to get into the stock wireing. The only thing about removing it is that you will need to reconnect the starter wire to it's self. Otherwise, you're stuck in the water
Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
Retrofit Club!
lookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shedlookylookitzadam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
lookylookitzadam's Tacoma Gallery
removed mine in like 5 minutes. The activated mine for free, told them i didnt want it. So i removed it first day and installed my own alarm
Old 04-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #6
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
since my truck came with the KARR alarm pre-installed and it is not active, can I just buy a KARR remote and program it to work?
Old 04-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #7
BBBsti LTD will become famous soon enough
BBBsti LTD's Tacoma Gallery
I think you have to go to the dealer, Karr is not sold to individuals.