Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Sweet Deal for Me, but Help

Old 04-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #1
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ty
Evans381's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet Deal for Me, but Help

So a buddy of mine has a white TRD Sport and wants MY black handles and mirrors. So we gonna do a swap and I'll get his color matched ones! SWEET! I kno right. So anyway about that. Im pretty sure its just one bolt under the mirrors to get them out. But the handles... are they just as easy? Little advice please
Old 04-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...cess-cabs.html

might be the same for a double cab i dont know.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
Evans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to beholdEvans381 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone know if I was right on the mirrors? And it says I need to remove the rear door panels to get the rear handle out. Is this true?
Old 04-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
white91formula is on a distinguished road
white91formula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans381 View Post
Anyone know if I was right on the mirrors? And it says I need to remove the rear door panels to get the rear handle out. Is this true?

you need to remove the door panels to get the mirror off, there is 3 bolts that hold it on and you need to unplug the electrical connector. the 1 bolt that is on the bottom of the mirror will not take it off of the truck.

as for the handles i have never done it myself but you will most likely have to take off the doro panels, every vehicle i have ever had was 2 nuts on each handle that you get to from the inside, and you will also have to disconnect any of the actuator rods that are connected to the handle.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Ask him to swap hoods too.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #6

Last bit of help guys... Everything is done except the rear handles. I got the panels off and one screw but the handle wwont come loose. IDK if you just to need to use force or what but someone please inform me.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #7

Bump come on guys, nobody knows this?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #8
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Look in my build thread, I swapped all my color match for black as well, details are in there: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ld-thread.html

The mirrors are 3 bolts total. you DO need to remove door panels, which you will need to do for the handles as well. The handles are pretty strait forward, here is a good writup I used for them: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...ht=door+hanles
Old 04-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #9
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Last bit of help guys... Everything is done except the rear handles. I got the panels off and one screw but the handle wwont come loose. IDK if you just to need to use force or what but someone please inform me.

Sorry I had access cab, but I believe the link I posted was for a double cab.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:57 PM   #10

Thankyou SO MUCH buddy. Im in the process right now and the only thing i gotta do it the back door handles. Everything else is done.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, you need to remove the rear door panels in order to change the rear door handles.

Here are the instructions on how to do so.

EDIT: Beaten by barlowrs!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 062009.pdf (502.5 KB, 45 views)
Old 04-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #12
Once a gorilla always a gorilla
Gorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thomas
Gorilla_97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Yes, you need to remove the rear door panels in order to change the rear door handles.

Here are the instructions on how to do so.

EDIT: Beaten by barlowrs!
damn, that's alot of steps to just change out the door handles!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla_97 View Post
damn, that's alot of steps to just change out the door handles!
It was worth it. Love my white door handles!
Old 04-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #14

Yes I already did that BUT how do you get the handle out??? I have a DCab. Force?
Old 04-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #15

Ok I see now by your PDF KPT. So I have to remove not only the panel but all the metal and everything?
Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 AM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
no once you remove the panel you should see a torx screw. unscrew that, then it should all just pop out.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
no once you remove the panel you should see a torx screw. unscrew that, then it should all just pop out.
Ok man so let me get it straight. On the REAR handles I took the panel off. Pulled the plastic back and found 1 screw. I took it all the way out. I could find any other screws and i cant really see back into it so let me know if Im missing something cause I took the 1 screw out and gave the handle a little force but no dice.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:41 AM   #18
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok man so let me get it straight. On the REAR handles I took the panel off. Pulled the plastic back and found 1 screw. I took it all the way out. I could find any other screws and i cant really see back into it so let me know if Im missing something cause I took the 1 screw out and gave the handle a little force but no dice.
So you took the one torx screw out...and then pulled the smaller part of the handle straight out (the part that has the key hole on the front doors)?

Once you do that, you can slide the handle towards the back of the truck, then rotate out to remove, similar to on the front doors.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:13 AM   #19

No, from what I saw when I did it I dont think I can get back in there to see it. The metal panel hole I too small, Unless I didn't take something off. All I could see was where the handle part is. There is a black plastic piece that looks like its holding the handle on and I took the only screw I saw in it all the way out. The metal is blocking me from seeing the back part of the small piece. Are we talking about the same torx screw? The one I took out was in the middle of the lever part of the handle. And when I tried to remove any part of the handle, it still wouldn't budge. I'll prolly just have to take a pic cause you prolly don't understand this. lol
Old 04-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #20
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah man a pic would help. It's been 6-7 months since I did this.