Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

best time/tips for buying a new tacoma?

Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
needataco is on a distinguished road
needataco's Tacoma Gallery
best time/tips for buying a new tacoma?

Hi,
I'd like to buy a new Tacoma at some point in the near future, and I'm just looking for advice. What I want is pretty simple, a 2.7l 4x4 Access cab with limited slip and the convenience package (power locks/doors/etc.). That's it, no SR5, no other fancy options. According to Edmunds, invoice price for this configuration is $22,446. I'll probably go with a 5 yr loan either from my credit union, or from the dealer if it's a better rate. I've got a 97 BMW 328i to trade in that has a trade-in value of somewhere from $3500 - 4000, and I still owe $2700 on it.

My question is, is now a good time to buy? I'm looking to go the internet buying route, and I'm going to use information from carbuyingtips.com and fightingchance.com. Any other tips for buying new?

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Get the Costco Auto invoice pricing info and go from there. I would not mention that you have a trade in until after you have made your deal on the Truck. Another thing to think of is if you are a member of Costco you can get your truck for like $200 over invoice.

If I was you I'd try to sell the BMW private party before trading it. Since you say that trade in is around $4000, I would assume that you could sell it on your own for around $6000. Dealing with the internet department seems to cut down on bullshit when looking for a car. Shop around at your local Toyota dealers and send them all emails and work with whoever gives you the best deal. You'd be amazed the money you can save buy just going to two or three different dealers.

Good luck.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I think there are still rebates in some areas of 1000 or more for 08' on the lots so now would not be a bad time at all.
Old 05-04-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
Finsterino will become famous soon enoughFinsterino will become famous soon enough
Finsterino's Tacoma Gallery
The end of the month has the dealers getting edgy to make their goals.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
Lane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the roughLane Cypert is a jewel in the rough
Lane Cypert's Tacoma Gallery
Wait until the end of June because the 2009's should be rolling in and they will be needing to make their sales goals for the month as well! Should be able to get a good deal on an 08 next month when the 2009's roll out!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
Get the Costco Auto invoice pricing info and go from there. I would not mention that you have a trade in until after you have made your deal on the Truck. Another thing to think of is if you are a member of Costco you can get your truck for like $200 over invoice.
+1.
To add to this, find another dealer, not associated with Costco and see if they will match/beat the Costco price....I am sure they will. This is the route I took and ended up getting my truck $500 below the "Costco" price I was quoted.