1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rs3200 Plus Tacoma Manuals

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by eordonez, May 4, 2008.

1. May 4, 2008 at 12:10 PM
    eordonez

eordonez [OP] Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Hi all... i´ve been searching the net for documents related to the operation of the VIP RS3200 Plus alarm system on my Tacoma, since i have that installed from factory, it didn't came with manual or instructions whatsoever, i found some documents that may bring enlightenment for some of us....

security system.pdf ---- This is the brochure i found from Toyota about the rs3200 system, which kind of mentions the features available for all Toyota vehicles in the VIP system

installation guide.pdf ---- This file has all the instructions for installing the system on a 2nd gen Tacoma, also, it may help you identify your system, from page 17 there are a set of check instructions, if you can complete those with your Tacoma, then you have the rs3200 plus system (thats how i knew i have it)

owners guide.pdf ---- This file describes all the features and operation of the alarm, also the only programmable option (passive arming time, this worked on my truck) note: this pdf worked in a system which don´t have the push out valet button (if you don´t know what that is check the - tacoalaram copy.jpg - file attached.

This are the only documents i found that worked on my truck, there are a lot of documents circulating in the web with instructions for programming ignition controlled door locks, chirp door/unlock doors, etc but this documents didn't worked on my truck.

Hope this thread help you out....if you have some more info, pleas post some feedback, Thanks.

= Special thanks to TcBob for making the upload of the files possible =

tacoalarm copy.jpg

Attached Files:

Pearson likes this.
  2. May 4, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB
    I just reprogrammed my alarm to passive (automatic) arming! Thanks Bob & eordonez!

3. May 4, 2008 at 1:51 PM
    eordonez

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Glad that helped you out chris

4. May 4, 2008 at 5:03 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    Seems that my Gulf States Truck actually has more options than some others. If I had known the limited amount of programing options on the RS 3200 on this truck when ordered, I would have not gotten it at all. Keyless entry, included on the TRD SR5 OR & Sport packages and the new chiped keys would have been plenty of theft deterent compared to the $320 spent on the so called upgrade. I have deactivated the "20 sec. headlight on" feature and the chirps during arm and disarm with the fob anyway. As I understand it none of the 2005+ Tacoma's have the ignition activated door lock and unlock features available regardless of alarm model or just keyless systems.

5. May 4, 2008 at 5:06 PM
    eordonez

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Yes it is a shame....., but what can i say, is completely stock.... on the other hand the only thing i wish i could program was the ignition controlled door locks, which seems nobody have in 2nd gen Tacomas.....

6. Apr 18, 2012 at 11:15 AM
    boomer6

boomer6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    TN
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Offroad
    disabled DRLs disabled seat belt chime disabled the key in the ignition with door open buzzer Installed Illuminated 4wd switch circuit board Marker lights Flashing with turn signals Toggle switch ABS Disable Fog Lights on AnyTime Mod Changed to Yellow bulbs in the Fog Lights Converted interior lights to leds Installed oem roof rack Installed Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags and Daystar Cradles for the air bags Added oil catch can Relentless Tailgate Protector installed
    Thanks for sharing the files. Great info. Thats what I wish for too....the ignition controlled door locks.....Oh well, cant have everything. OOPs, Just realized this is and OLD post.Oh well.

7. Aug 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    keninsb

keninsb "Senior", Senior Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Goleta, CA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Taco DC 4WD V6 LTD
    Thanks eordonez. I got ahold of a RS3200 Plus system to install in my 2013 Taco. The kit came with an Owner's Manual, but no install instructions. You do not know how much I appreciate this!
    Thanks again,
    Ken

Products Discussed in

To Top