Notices

Fixing paint on the grill

Old 04-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
BigTacoMan is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: JEF
BigTacoMan's Tacoma Gallery
Fixing paint on the grill

I need some help with some info from you guys that do paint and body work. I and trying to do a Satoshi grill and I had a rag with MEK fall on it and it made it sticky. I need to know if I can sand it down enough to get all of it off the paint and repaint it or go ahead and wipe it down with it down to bare plastic. If I wipe it down completely with MEK will it hurt the plasticand ruin the grill.

I used MEK on my eyelid to take them back down to bare fiberglass to repaint, will it do the same on the plasic
Old 04-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
I remember MEK from the military, it may mess up the plastic
hense why it is sticky still
Just sand down the plastic and repaint
Dont risk ruining the grill