Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

AVS Bugflector II Installation help

Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
AVS Bugflector II Installation help

OK, Bought an AVS Bugflector, and I did everything the directions told me too..
The little plastic screws weren't worth a crap, so I used some machine like screws that were bigger. The little screw holder is holding the flector there, but its awful loose when the hood is open.. Is it supposed to be so loose when I open the hood?
Its pretty tight when I close the hood, so I guess thats good, but just curious..
Any ideas on how to get tight both ways?
Thanks
Old 04-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

bump..
Old 04-14-2010, 02:59 AM   #4
pwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to beholdpwrstrk02 is a splendid one to behold

Name: randy
pwrstrk02's Tacoma Gallery
I have a stampeed bug def. And it doesn't touch the hood at all. Fits perfect
Old 04-14-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
This is the all plastic one (no metal brackets), right? The grommets that came with mine were too small for the holes in the hood so I bought larger ones. You can find them in most any auto parts store for about $5.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
Boomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoomtacoma01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boomtacoma01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
I'd throw that crap away! The bugflector will eventually chip off the paint from the front edge of your hood.
Trust me I know!
I had to learn the hard way.

The Bugflector II doesent scratch the hood like the OEM Toyota one. They are attched to the underside of the hood w/o the metal clips.

As far as getting it tight, I used the plastic push in screws and they worked well. You might want to up the size of the screw that you used for attachement to minimize the wobble in the hole. A short, machine head lag screw possibly? Dont use one too big or you might risk cracking the mounting area/hole on the Bugflector.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toku58 View Post
I'd throw that crap away! The bugflector will eventually chip off the paint from the front edge of your hood.
Trust me I know!
I had to learn the hard way.
x2........I would not add this mod.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
This is the all plastic one (no metal brackets), right? The grommets that came with mine were too small for the holes in the hood so I bought larger ones. You can find them in most any auto parts store for about $5.

Sounds like a plan..
Its been riding around for a couple days without moving.. But I'm going to check my oil today, so I imagine it'll start moving again.. haha
I'll try find some bigger grommets..

Yeah, the Bugfflector doesnt touch the paint..

Thanks for the ideas guys..