1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Someone hit my truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ttuanhuyn, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Apr 12, 2010 at 9:43 PM
    SurfInferno

SurfInferno Dont be stupid, its not smart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    the side might be able to buff out? i had a big blue scratch on my front bumper that i was able to buff out.

2. Apr 12, 2010 at 9:57 PM
    Blanca06

Blanca06 Booger Aficionado

Member:
    First Name:
    carmelo
    Santa Ana, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OffRoad
    planning to put a 3" lift on her (I think)
    Thanksgiving of 08, some drunk jacka$$ hit mine. I didn't fix it cuz my deductible was too much. this past Christmas I was at the mall and some jerk hit the same spot and trashed my rear light and bumper. As I was heading towards my car this guy gave me the plates of the vehicle that hit me. The person that hit me also left his name and number. turns out the number was disconected and the name didn't match the registered owner( did it cuz people saw him hit my baby). so where ever you are honda odessy...... I hope you break down in the middle of the desert!!

3. Apr 12, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    SurfInferno

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    you got his plate #? you ever get him?

4. Apr 12, 2010 at 10:20 PM
    Blanca06

Blanca06 Booger Aficionado

Member:
    First Name:
    carmelo
    Santa Ana, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OffRoad
    planning to put a 3" lift on her (I think)
    I was hit on December of 09 and the tags on that vehicle expired on September of 09. They tried the address but its no longer there anymore The officer said as soon as they try to register the vehicle or they get pulled over, the report will pop up as a hit and run......well see

5. Apr 12, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    1TUFFTRD

1TUFFTRD WTF

Member:
    out and about building powerlines
    Vehicle:
    06 AC with a skewp
    06 With a Skewp.
    K i l l t h e m!!!!

6. Apr 12, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule ......................

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.
    I bet it was a woman driver

7. Apr 12, 2010 at 11:08 PM
    mytattootears

mytattootears Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ramon
    martinez, CA
    Vehicle:
    darkness
    Fabtech 6” lift (Hybrid). 63” Chevy springs. All Pro bumpers front/rear. And stuff
    looks like you were in SF california ,bc that shit happen all the time out in the bay. thats where full coveage comes in to play

8. Apr 13, 2010 at 12:47 AM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    Bummer man, those park-n-rides suck period. My sister had her vehicle broken into twice at two separate lots a few years back. Life goes on.

9. Apr 13, 2010 at 12:49 AM
    SurfInferno

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2001 DC
    And thats why women should not drive... :p (no offense to any woman drivers on TW :D )

Her car got OWNED

10. Apr 13, 2010 at 12:50 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    File a police report and claim it on insurance. That's what I did. I had the truck fixed and had it back to me a week after the hit and run.

11. Apr 13, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    paidfor

paidfor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD OR 4x4
    Hidden GPS tracking system. Backflip cover, weather techs, bed mat, tailgate lock, OME 885 springs, blistein shocks, 2.5 in AAL/
    I would say over 50 percent of these hit and runs had no insurance or something is wrong with their license, car/truck, or they have a warrant for their arrest. They may be driving illegal or be illegal aliens. I had a dip shit pull out in front of me on my motorcycle. I T-boned him...he kept going and no one got his license number because they were so concerned for me. Needless to say, they never found him. I hope he rots in hell. I am still looking for that car. If I ever find it .....

some people are just $%^&* up.

12. Apr 13, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    ttuanhuyn

ttuanhuyn [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Lakewood, Co
    Thanks for all your comments. I've filed a police report and just waiting to see if they can find anything.

13. Apr 13, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    kenstar

kenstar Get a Lil Mud on the Tares

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Wrenching in the garage.
    Vehicle:
    10 4x4 TRD OR
    Pop 'n' Lock, EGR In-Chan, Bakflip G2, 6112, 5160, Dakar Set. Redline hood struts. WildPeak At3. TRD Pro Wheels. Apex Fab Fog lights; Other shit I can't remember.
    that's society for ya. I got my truck like 2 weeks ago, and already had like 3 close calls from retarded drivers.

14. Apr 13, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Been there & done that Brother! That's why God invented Insurance!!!:D
    I got damn near WRECKED in a Parking lot - $3500.00 in damage to the drivers side (sorry no pic) a year ago & Progressive happily wrote a check. :D

15. Apr 13, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    InfamousTonyTaco7714

InfamousTonyTaco7714 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Wilkes, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 DCSB 4x4 Timberland Mica
    Borla Catback, 6 inch Pro Comp Stage 1 17x9 Matte Black XD Revolvers, 285/70/17 Radar Renegade R7, Pioneer Double Din, Iron Cross Side Steps, Tactical Armor Group Front Bumper, ARE MX series camper shell, Geared 4.10

Sorry to hear about your truck man. Thats people for ya though.

16. Apr 13, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    Okkine

Okkine Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma, V6, Manual Transmission, 4x4
    That blows. It's happened to me before, and it's never fun.

I once witnessed a jeep go flying around the corner, and crash smack into the back of a parked Matrix. The guy got out, looked at the damage, and drove right off. FIVE witnesses standing on the corner, and not one bothered to write down a license plate. I was on the other side of a busy road, and couldn't make out his plate, and by the time traffic cleared enough for me to cross, the guy was long gone. I hate people sometimes.

I don't necessarily agree with that statement as a whole, but I DEFINITELY think that you should have to pass a road test on a yearly basis once you pass a certain age. It's just a fact of life that as you age, your physical and mental abilities decline.

17. Apr 13, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Damn that sucks bud...sorry that had to happen to ya :(

Products Discussed in

To Top