Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Black or Chrome Step Bars????

Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Nitrousspeed is on a distinguished road

Nitrousspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Black or Chrome Step Bars????

Ok, so I have had my truck for two months now, per the usual, Ive already started messing with things. Now, with that said, I am starting with simple additions to make my life easier, and step rails are next. Now, the question is, Black or Chrome?!

Here is a picture of my truck as it is now...

Anybodies thoughts???
Quick breakdown of the design style Im going for...
As much black as I can, but i dont mind little chrome accents. Brakes, pin striping, and TRD logo are the red accents.

Im leaning more towards black...
Old 04-12-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Black
Old 04-12-2010, 07:54 PM   #3

Yeah, thats what Im leaning towards. How much more of a pain are the black ones to take care of?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Black fo sho!!! Very easy to take care of.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #5

Ok. Next question. What is a decent brand that does not cost a small fortune? I'm just think 3" step tubes (4" might be too big). Anything auto seems to have a decent selection, but any other locations???
Old 04-13-2010, 07:24 AM   #7
Big Member
Snake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnake~ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Snake~'s Tacoma Gallery
Black would look good of course, but chrome would be a nice contrast to all the black. You can't lose IMO. I got my 4" step bars on ebay for about $250 shipped. They aren't the most heavy duty bars I've seen which is fine for me because I don't do much off roading, but they're strong enough for the average guy.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:27 AM   #8
inlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura aboutinlinejohn has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
inlinejohn's Tacoma Gallery
paint these black or gunmetal or rhino lining??

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ng-boards.html
Old 04-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #9
thai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud of

thai fyter's Tacoma Gallery
I have the chrome ones on my truck and I like them OK but I also have chrome wheels. I think with the little chrome accents on your wheels the chrome side steps would look pretty baller. Like others have said though, you really can't go wrong either way.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrousspeed View Post
Ok. Next question. What is a decent brand that does not cost a small fortune? I'm just think 3" step tubes (4" might be too big). Anything auto seems to have a decent selection, but any other locations???
Look up Avidoffroad.com. They have some nice step bars on there. Or even maybe some N-Fabs. They are a little different then your typical nerf bars because they have steps that come down. I'll be getting rid of my Bully nerf bars for some of the other ones sooner or later.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #12
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
black or crome

here's mine,at the time the crome bars was the way to go,but that was before TW.now it would be all black.
later tig1
Old 04-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #13
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Black. Took off my chrome Westins in the first year and replaced them with Aries 4" ovals, black ones of course.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #14
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Look up Avidoffroad.com. They have some nice step bars on there.
+1. Or do what I did and get their bolt-on sliders ($330 shipped). They mount close to the body while still being useful as steps.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #15
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Hunter 4x4

These i got front hunter 4x4, mount to factory locations
part number YCFT-8512

oh yea, Black.
Easier to touch up or re-paint if needed.