Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Upper arm bushings, what torque?

Old 04-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Question Upper arm bushings, what torque?

Does anyone know what upper arm bushings should be torqued to? I think i over tightened mine and now the shifts on my truck seem a lot ruffer, or atleast i notice them a lot more. So what torque, or how do i know if they are too lose or too tight?
Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Mainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to behold
Marines:
Name: Jim
Mainehunter's Tacoma Gallery
Are you asking about the UCA to frame bolt/nut? Or a different bushing? I've got a book w/ all the torque specs if you can describe it a little further
Old 04-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehunter View Post
Are you asking about the UCA to frame bolt/nut? Or a different bushing? I've got a book w/ all the torque specs if you can describe it a little further
No just the nut that runs accross the UCA, it is the nut you would need to remove if you want to replace the stock UCA if that makes sense.

Here's a pic
Old 04-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
Mainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to behold
Marines:
Just got the pic, I'm checking

If it is the UCA to frame bolt/nut then it's 85 ft-lbs for a prerunner
Old 04-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #5

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehunter View Post
Just got the pic, I'm checking

If it is the UCA to frame bolt/nut then it's 85 ft-lbs for a prerunner
No i dont think it's the UCA to frame bolt.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
Marines:
Yup, 85 ft-lbs or 115 Nm is what the Haynes repair manual has for a prerunner. Hope that fixes your problem.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #8

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks all, I hope this gets to the bottom of it.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
revhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Manny
revhappyleon's Tacoma Gallery
not sure if this feasible but you should tighten control arm bushings with the weigth of the vehicle on the suspension
Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 AM   #10

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappyleon View Post
not sure if this feasible but you should tighten control arm bushings with the weigth of the vehicle on the suspension
What???
Old 04-14-2010, 07:01 AM   #11
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappyleon View Post
Very true. Sometimes it can be tough but all suspension bolts should be tightened / torqued to specs. with the full weight of the vehicle on the suspension.