1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

straight piped

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BAMFTACO, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Apr 13, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    I thought technically a straight pipe was headers and then a pipe with no cats? No muffler doesn't sound bad on a 2nd gen. If you're curious unbolt your exhaust after the y pipe. It's just two bolts. With the cats it's not too obnoxiously loud and sound nice imo.

2. Apr 13, 2010 at 3:01 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO [OP] Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    I was gunna take the back cats off but there's no point on taking off the cats off because they flow pretty good already and wats going on with the cookies

3. Apr 13, 2010 at 3:02 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    they gave you a cookie for your post CONGRATS!!!:):D

4. Apr 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM
    BAMFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    Alright but the point is that it sounds pretty cool with no muffler and I like the 1st gen tacoma straight piped they sound bad ass

5. Apr 13, 2010 at 3:18 PM
    red neck toy

red neck toy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    earle
    adams center, New York
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl lifted
    -3in toytech lift -33" x 11.5" firestone destination m/t -16" x 10" mickey thompson classic II. -cut and boxed in body mounts so no more rubbing!! -black headlight covers -anytime foglight mod -35%tint front -5% over stock on back -custom built bull bar -mossy oak camo seat covers -k&n cold air intake -tornado gas saver -dual straight pipes. only tacoma i've seen with them and it sounds really good. (but not if you dont like loud) lol.. soon to come: -black headlight mod -aftermarket grill -blacked out emblems -headers -new shocks and leafsprings - considering all pro front bumper
    ive cut out the muffler and ran a ypipe into duals out the back.
    if your gonna straight pipe you should do duals.
    i had a single straight pipe for awhile and it sounded like everyone is saying. but the dual pipes with 18" long 3" tips gives it a deeper nicer sound. extremly loud tho lol but idc bout that.

i also tried a flowmaster 44 and it sounded good but not like i wanted, i just took it back off over the weekend.

the only thing is at low rpms the straights dont sound as good but once you get above about 2500 it sounds pretty good. and when you hit about 3500 to 4 rpms youll be wakeing up the whole neighbor hood. especially in between building and under bridges. but i love it lol

hope that helped ya out

6. Apr 13, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    I want to hear a sound clip of duel streight pipes

7. Apr 17, 2010 at 8:54 AM
    BAMFTACO

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    still got my muffler off and i thought it would be obnoxious buts it not and another reason for that is because i didnt do a turn down ran it all the way to the back

Products Discussed in

To Top