1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The gloomy second gear grinds

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jonny_jard, May 5, 2008.

1. May 5, 2008 at 6:04 PM
    jonny_jard

jonny_jard [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco
    3" suspension lift, bull bar, IPF 100w flood light system, side bars, custom fit leather seat covers, URD CAI, URD MAF calibrator,
    Hey guys, So while I was trying to tow someone out of a mud pit i was slowly getting head way on it, shifted to second and it just completely ground the siht out of second gear. I stopped, started in first and then tried second again once the RPMs got up around 4000 and got the same result. It felt like there was no clutch at all, just strait to grinding gears again. my clutch is now fkuked. shifting to second gear is especially crappy, if i try shifting around 4000 it's even worse now. The other gears do not seem all that bad, i can take it to higher RPM and shift from 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th and so on with out much trouble. The truck has 45,500 kms on it and i just upgraded the tires to 31s. other then that it's just got the URD TCAI. gonna be kinda hard to hide that hole thought..... Not too sure what to think, other then kinda pissed off... I have been driving standard for over 10 years so im not a newbie to it.

2. May 6, 2008 at 6:00 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    @ 45,500 km you should still be under factory warranty, there was an Issue with the 6-speed trannies crapping out on people on the 05 and some 06 tacos. Take to the dealer and have them check it out.

3. May 6, 2008 at 4:32 PM
    jonny_jard

jonny_jard [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco
    3" suspension lift, bull bar, IPF 100w flood light system, side bars, custom fit leather seat covers, URD CAI, URD MAF calibrator,
    Shes got a doctors appointment for Monday. Anyone know the issue with the tranny or anyone experience problems with their tranny?

Products Discussed in

To Top