LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Weird Paint Problem

Old 04-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Weird Paint Problem

I've never seen this happen before. In one of the spots it looks like it's being eaten away by something but I have no idea what. I wash and wax it often. What do you think the problem is? Do you think I should bring it to the dealer and see if I could get it repainted?

Old 04-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
I would demand the whole thing be repainted. Remember, a body shop will do a far better job than the thin factory deal. I'm worried more about why this is happening though.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
what wax are you using and how often?
Old 04-14-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricT View Post
I would demand the whole thing be repainted. Remember, a body shop will do a far better job than the thin factory deal. I'm worried more about why this is happening though.
The whole roof or the whole truck?
Old 04-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #7
beckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nice

beckleyota's Tacoma Gallery
Factory is alwys better than a shop. The factory bakes te paint at 350 to 500 drgrees The booth at work will only bake up to 180. It gets the job done but the factory paint is harder than an aftermarket job
Old 04-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #8
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
what wax are you using and how often?
im guessing its the kind of wax that comes in wash soap.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
im guessing its the kind of wax that comes in wash soap.
gee what a way to assume. I wax it at least monthly. You could ask the guys I wheel with how well I take care of it. It gets wash immediately after wheeling.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #11
kenstar is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Ken
kenstar's Tacoma Gallery
that's some serious pitting. ACID RAIN AHHH

but srsly. w/e it is its doing some srs dmg. and why is it only in one spot?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #12
Prepared for Bambi

What's w/e mean I've never heard that one? Only one spot is with the "pitting" and the two or three other spots look like the first pic. I have no clue why it's doing it only in a few spots. I had some bird shit on it but I don't think it was in those spots and I washed it within a few days of the bombing raids.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:26 PM   #13
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
What's w/e mean I've never heard that one? Only one spot is with the "pitting" and the two or three other spots look like the first pic. I have no clue why it's doing it only in a few spots. I had some bird shit on it but I don't think it was in those spots and I washed it within a few days of the bombing raids.
w/e = whatever

Sorry about your paint problem.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:40 PM   #18
Prepared for Bambi

Will do. I won't be getting to it until next week atleast though.

Just so you guys know the area where it's "pitting" is about the size of my index finger nail and none of the paint is flaking off even with my fingernail. Of course I didn't scrape the hell out of it but I'm doubting it's going to get any worse.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #19
sethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to beholdsethr21785 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Missile Maint Tech, 2 Muns
Name: Seth
sethr21785's Tacoma Gallery
it looks like your ex girlfriend poured some nail polish remover on there!!!! jk jk
Old 04-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #20
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethr21785 View Post
it looks like your ex girlfriend poured some nail polish remover on there!!!! jk jk
If anybody did that I would have the last laugh.

The pics are real close and cropped and at an angle. They don't look that bad in real life but I'm still not happy about them and am curious what the heck happened.