Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

truck box

Old 04-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
kiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nice
Army:
Name: leon
kiddwvman's Tacoma Gallery
truck box

what kind of truck box,places to get a truck box,any buddy have pics of their truck boxs , thanks
Old 04-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
kiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nicekiddwvman is just really nice
Army:
bump
Old 04-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
Like toolboxes?
I got a Kobalt low profile from Lowe's for $250ish+ tax
Old 04-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
philobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant futurephilobeddoe has a brilliant future

Name: - philo
philobeddoe's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to philobeddoe
i was in home depot, and they told me they don't carry 'em no more
don't know if it was just that location

checked out Pep Boys ... didn't like 'em

i like the look of that Lowe's Kobalt

think i'm gonna check out Costco
Old 04-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #5
Army:
thanks,i looked at northern tool,autoparts warehouse,and racepages i just don't know,i am wanting to go with black,i like the look of the low pro
Old 04-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
This is my buddies and member here PatHLC128. Getting the same one myself. about 300. UWS Low Pro.

His Build - http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...28s-build.html
Old 04-15-2010, 05:23 PM   #7
Army:
do u know where he got it ???? thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
I can't remember... shoot him a PM and ask him.

I ordered mine from a local Truck Supplies store.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
Army:
thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 06:13 PM   #10
Army:
i got one on the way thanks NY50cal
Old 04-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #11

MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
no problem
Old 04-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #12
Rufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant futureRufus has a brilliant future

Rufus's Tacoma Gallery
How did you install your truck box? Did you use J-hooks fastened to the rail? Are the rails sturdy enough to secure the box? I like the black poly foam Delta box. I like it cuz the edges are rounded & it is low profile. But it only comes in full size & compact size. I'm not sure if the compact size is the right fit-may be too small. Anyone know if this box will work on our Taco's?
Old 04-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #14

MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
pm sent.
Hey Rufus... Send PatHLC128 a pm. I was just whoring his truck out for him. I dont have the box yet.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #16
hemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kurt
hemitruk's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up one from Lowes also.$165 for the low profile narrow width one .Only 12inches wide .Got the short bed so went with narrow one.Mounted with the D ring that slides in the rail.Just cut off the end part and bolted box down with 3inch stainless bolt.2 holes on D ring lines up perfectly with holes in box.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:32 PM   #18
hemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to beholdhemitruk is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kurt
hemitruk's Tacoma Gallery
I guess you could call it cargo tie downs.The one that slide in side rails.Cut off tape portion so you can slide it under the 2 holes in box each side)Holes in the tie down line up perfectly.When lined up tighten tie down and bolt up.I used 3inch bolts with some flat washer as spacer.Also used stainless so no worries latter.Pics hope it helps.Will be making spacers this weekend to put between box and cargo hold down to make it more solid.
Attached Thumbnails
truck box-sdc10205.jpg   truck box-sdc10206.jpg   truck box-sdc10208.jpg   truck box-sdc10207.jpg   truck box-sdc10210.jpg  

Old 04-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #19
NyQuil on the rocks.
nuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to allnuckinfuts is a name known to all

nuckinfuts's Tacoma Gallery
Those black low-profile UWS boxes look badass. I looked into one a while back and found a place called "Rack n Road" that sells them. http://www.racknroad.com/ They wanted I think $300 for it (it was $299 or $399, can't remember). It's on the neverending list of cool shit to buy for the truck. Looks like they're mostly west of the rockies, but you can use the store locator on UWS's website to check around you. Or just call them.

http://www.uwsta.com/
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #20
Mckeown343
Kyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really nice

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery

UWS Low Pro Deep. I love mine the best out there in my opinion. I have seen some with really bad welds and well UWS is a welding company so.....