Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bad luck

Old 04-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
10silvertaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
10silvertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bad luck

I cannot believe this shit! I read TW off topic about antenna this morning and I went to the store about an hour ago. I walk out of my truck and I see there is antenna. After walk out of the store about 30 minutes later and I notice somebody broke my antenna! Fuck those people! A screw still stuck inside and I will find a way to get them out. Oh man!
Do you know how to get the screw out? I probably go to my dealership tomorrow and have them to take it out. It's sucks! I probably order shorter antenna or whatever.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
doesn't it have a hex neck where you could use a wrench to get it out?
Old 04-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Who in the hell steals an antenna??????
Old 04-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #4
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
did it break off right at the base? if so, a screw extractor shoulf get it out alright.

check out these guys http://www.antennax.com/ a nmber of members on her (myself included) have this antenna and love it. shorter than stock, and flexible. great reception too.

good luck at the dealer, and sorry to here about the breakage
Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #5

Thanks y'all. I will buy some screw extractor at Lowe or Home Depot tomorrow. First time happened to me and I cannot stay pissed forever and stress me out.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
Who in the hell steals an antenna??????
Either they steal or break it for fun. Hell with them and I feel like I want to run over their hands with my truck! LOL
Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
motherF***er! someone stole mine at school today. I swear to everything holy, If I see two kids fencing with antennas, I am going to "cut their skin off with a flencing knife, sew that skin into a pair of pajamas, and then light those pajamas on fire!"-Archer
For seroius though, who the hell steals a long ass STOCK antenna?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:24 PM   #8
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
did it break off right at the base? if so, a screw extractor shoulf get it out alright.

check out these guys http://www.antennax.com/ a nmber of members on her (myself included) have this antenna and love it. shorter than stock, and flexible. great reception too.

good luck at the dealer, and sorry to here about the breakage
x2
Old 04-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10silvertaco View Post
Either they steal or break it for fun. Hell with them and I feel like I want to run over their hands with my truck! LOL

Old 04-14-2010, 08:40 PM   #10

See pics that I took earlier today, it looks like Toy Truck wheel
Old 04-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Car wash ripped mine off, that was after I specifically asked the retard that worked there if it was safe. On yours a screw extractor looks like it will work. On mine it broke off way down inside. Now I have to replace the entire antenna pole inside the fender. Just ordered the parts tonight, actually.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinetik873 View Post
motherF***er! someone stole mine at school today. I swear to everything holy, If I see two kids fencing with antennas, I am going to "cut their skin off with a flencing knife, sew that skin into a pair of pajamas, and then light those pajamas on fire!"-Archer
For seroius though, who the hell steals a long ass STOCK antenna?
That's sucks. I notice everytime when kids on Spring break or holidays or Summer break, they all fuck around and do something shit on someone else vehicle! What an loser! I wish that store have video camera outside so I can see who did it. But it was private property, BLAH!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
Car wash ripped mine off, that was after I specifically asked the retard that worked there if it was safe. On yours a screw extractor looks like it will work. On mine it broke off way down inside. Now I have to replace the entire antenna pole inside the fender. Just ordered the parts tonight, actually.
Oh man! It never happened to me in car wash. Well I always go to brushless car wash. Some car wash place come with brush, I hate it because it would scratch the paint and broke the antenna.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #14
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
That was the ONLY time my truck has ever been in any car wash other than my own driveway. I was up in NJ after that Dec 19 blizzard and the salt needed to go. I guess I traded the salt for an antenna, lol.