Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

help - once you go black you want to go back

Old 04-14-2010, 08:05 PM   #1
Tacoma714 will become famous soon enough
Tacoma714's Tacoma Gallery
help - once you go black you want to go back

Hi, I was wondering if any one has painted their chrome grill black and went back to chrome. I painted mine black and wanted to know how or what to use to get the chrome back to its orginal stock grill.. thanks for your help in-advance!
Old 04-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
yeah every time i hit it with the pressure washer at the car wash it just peels off
Old 04-14-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
If you roughed up the chrome to paint it black..... your SOL. Check craigslist or ebay, I think they would be your best bet.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
I will be selling my chrome grille in the next few weeks once I buy my new one. (Waiting on my cousin to get his satoshi grille in the mail so I can buy his stock one.) Would have to ship it from Louisiana, but if you can't find one closer/sooner I'm sure we can work out a deal on it.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma714 View Post
Hi, I was wondering if any one has painted their chrome grill black and went back to chrome. I painted mine black and wanted to know how or what to use to get the chrome back to its orginal stock grill.. thanks for your help in-advance!
If you were in GA I would trade you.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
Waking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Waking the Dead's Tacoma Gallery
Buy a new one.
These are pretty cheap.

http://www.partsgeek.com/ntparts/BN/24071-04027758.html
Old 04-14-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
Tacoma714 will become famous soon enough
Tacoma714's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking the Dead View Post
Buy a new one.
These are pretty cheap.

http://www.partsgeek.com/ntparts/BN/24071-04027758.html
Thanks Mike! Nvr Knew it was that cheap... jus ordered one. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:14 AM   #8
Waking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shedWaking the Dead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Waking the Dead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma714 View Post
Thanks Mike! Nvr Knew it was that cheap... jus ordered one. Thanks for the info!
I can't take the credit for that.
There was a thread a couple weeks ago when everyone jumped on that deal.
I just saved the URL in case I wanted to buy one later.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap that is cheap. order being placed now!! hopefully they are at least decent quality
Old 04-15-2010, 08:00 AM   #10
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the thread for the grille linked above for reference.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...s-satoshi.html
Old 04-15-2010, 08:00 AM   #11
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking the Dead View Post
I can't take the credit for that.
There was a thread a couple weeks ago when everyone jumped on that deal.
I just saved the URL in case I wanted to buy one later.
any idea where the original thread was? im trying to decide between the matte black or the shiny black for my mag grey taco.... hopefully someone posted up some pics

edit: i am slow today