Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

6" Pro Comp Lift Installed

Old 07-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #41
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
Wow. This is one of my favorite trucks on this site. Nice work, I love it.

For everyone that knows what they are talking about. What gears would you put in this thing?
I'd guess 4.88's being that it's a 4 cylinder.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #43
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Q View Post
I just got it back today. It feels pretty similar but taller. My spedometer is about 10mph off, and i kind of lost 5th gear-gotta down shift going up the bridge now. They said a 4cylinder will be fine if driven correctly, so as long as i dont drop the clutch i should be okay. Hopefully i dont blow an axle or any gears.
nice truck! feel special now, joined the "big girls club" wat wat. i dont think i would worry about blowing diffs or axles w ur 4banger. im just saying. cool beans
Old 07-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #44
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Badassness
Old 07-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #45
Trigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud ofTrigger has much to be proud of
Trigger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I'd guess 4.88's being that it's a 4 cylinder.
Thanks colton. another noob question- With 4.88 gears would you still be able to run at highway speeds without being at like 4,000 rpm's? thanks again.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #46
LeatherNeck is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
LeatherNeck's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great!!! I'm hoping to have one just like it soon!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #47
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great but that thing is probably slower than a smart car
Old 07-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #48
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
Thanks colton. another noob question- With 4.88 gears would you still be able to run at highway speeds without being at like 4,000 rpm's? thanks again.
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, completely missed this post.

With 4.88's in the V6, some folks on here have reported 3400 RPM's IIRC at highway speeds. Look up tacoridinhigh, he has 4.88's in a V6 and he has a thread on his rpm's at different speeds. I don't know of anybody else with 4.88's in a 4cyc.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 AM   #49
Susie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shedSusie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shedSusie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shedSusie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shedSusie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shedSusie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shedSusie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shedSusie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shedSusie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shedSusie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shedSusie Q is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Susie
Susie Q's Tacoma Gallery
I think my 4 cyl has 4.88s..I'm not positive though. But I am positive that my 4 cyl with a 6 inch lift and 35s is faster than my boyfriend's 2009 v6 wrangler with a 4 inch lift and 35s.....mines bigger too
Old 07-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #50
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie Q View Post
I think my 4 cyl has 4.88s..I'm not positive though. But I am positive that my 4 cyl with a 6 inch lift and 35s is faster than my boyfriend's 2009 v6 wrangler with a 4 inch lift and 35s.....mines bigger too
IIRC you have 4.10's stock?
i could be wrong though
Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #51
Turtle
Just4fununlimited is a jewel in the roughJust4fununlimited is a jewel in the roughJust4fununlimited is a jewel in the rough

Name: Tyrtl
Just4fununlimited's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Just4fununlimited
Looks real good. Wish i had money like you, i'd love to have that lift on my truck.