Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rollover Angle?

Old 04-16-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
ItalynStylion's Tacoma Gallery
Rollover Angle?

I was thinking about the last time I went off roading and remembered a time we were at a fairly extreme angle.

And now I'm wondering what the angle of rollover is in a tacoma. Simply put, at what angle does the center of gravity passover the wheels on the lower outside point and you flip?

Anyone know?
Old 04-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Too many factors come in play here. Total weight and weight location are just a couple.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
90*
Old 04-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Rollover angle is hard to pin down.

Rollover DJ is easier to pinpoint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNcmFSy0r1Y&feature=fvw
Old 04-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #6
Sounds Gooooood
ItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shedItalynStylion is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Stock 4x4 double cab short bed....I'm looking for a rough estimate
Old 04-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Again too many variables. Go until you feel safe or you roll. A gust of wind could come at anytime and push you from a safe angle.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #8
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know anyone that has rolled a truck. We almost rolled a friends a few months back but he isn't stock.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
We've got a boom lift and forklift at work if you want to stop by and find out
Old 04-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Again too many variables. Go until you feel safe or you roll. A gust of wind could come at anytime and push you from a safe angle.
Jesus... In perfect conditions... sunny day, no wind, no earthquakes, no tornadoes, no seagulls flying by...

Even if he could answer all of your variables could you even give him an answer?
Old 04-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Jesus... In perfect conditions... sunny day, no wind, no earthquakes, no tornadoes, no seagulls flying by...

Even if he could answer all of your variables could you even give him an answer?
It's like asking when someone exact date of death will be. I have no answer because I don't know because of the variables.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
What?
danbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud ofdanbow has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
danbow's Tacoma Gallery
You know that feeling you get when you think you migt pee your pants? When you're at a steep angle and you get that feeling... you are very close to the rollover angle.

PS: I believe the side airbags will deploy at 40degrees unless dislabled
Old 04-16-2010, 05:02 PM   #13
btkicker will become famous soon enough
btkicker's Tacoma Gallery
Everything being equal, and zero inertia, physics says 45deg.

Try it and let us know.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:31 AM   #15
Luc@z is on a distinguished road

Luc@z's Tacoma Gallery
A quick google search yielded a site explaining how to calculate and estimated value. I just skimmed over it, so I don't know how much sense it makes.
http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/cog/#_Toc535118730

***Warning: Link will lead you to a Jeep site. Prepare yourself accordingly***
Old 04-17-2010, 08:11 AM   #16
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Depends on the terrain and how fast you are going. I found out that its just a few degrees "less" than what I tried. Sliders saved my ass.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #17
Sounds Gooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc@z View Post
A quick google search yielded a site explaining how to calculate and estimated value. I just skimmed over it, so I don't know how much sense it makes.
http://www.jeepaholics.com/tech/cog/#_Toc535118730

***Warning: Link will lead you to a Jeep site. Prepare yourself accordingly***
Very cool. Thanks for posting that!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:51 AM   #18
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
Rough measurement ? Ok i if you open your driver side window and feel like you can touch the ground you are around the flipping point. Thats only for stock (not lifted truck) Not sure what is that in degrees. Those trucks have amazingly low center of of gravity (best truck ever )