Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How much did your AAL settle?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #1
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
How much did your AAL settle?

Just dropped in my AAL. Well to be honest it is a modified bottom leaf from a TRD OR leaf pack. I was hoping for maybe 1" of lift, trying to go for around stock height. The dam thing gave me 2.5" of lift.

How much lift did you loose after installing your AAL?
Old 04-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
It'll probably settle to 2.25" of lift... maybe 2" if you're lucky... It will be back down to .25" of lift in about 20 years.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
yeh just hang in there. patience is key.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just trying to figure out my next move. Have everything I need to install 3" spacers and upgrade to TRD shocks. That would level the rig out after some sag (rear is at 39.25" front 35.25").

After reading around I'm worried about crappy ride quality with the spacers. I will be trail riding all summer for work and play as well as riding around on rough cobblestone roads so the last thing I need is reduced travel. At the same time I'm not having any luck finding cheap front 5100s or OME lift springs. (PM me if you do though)
Old 04-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear. If its any consolation, I had Toyota do the rear TSB a couple years back. It looked good for a while. Eventually, I noticed a sag in the rear. I just added an AAL in the rear no more than 2 months ago and love it. I think it has settled some already. I to made the upgrade to 5100's in all corners. The front is set at 2.5.
I know this may seem a little odd to mention, but I was feeling that thump many tacomians were experiencing while waiting at a stop. Right before they were to pull forward, they would feel something in the rear as if being tapped by another driver. Low & behold, I haven't felt that thump since I added the AAL. Don't ask me why. I'm just glad its gone.
Good Luck man. I wouldn't worry too much about the stance. I will settle.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed28Gauge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
28Gauge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4mud View Post
Sorry to hear. If its any consolation, I had Toyota do the rear TSB a couple years back. It looked good for a while. Eventually, I noticed a sag in the rear. I just added an AAL in the rear no more than 2 months ago and love it. I think it has settled some already. I to made the upgrade to 5100's in all corners. The front is set at 2.5.
I know this may seem a little odd to mention, but I was feeling that thump many tacomians were experiencing while waiting at a stop. Right before they were to pull forward, they would feel something in the rear as if being tapped by another driver. Low & behold, I haven't felt that thump since I added the AAL. Don't ask me why. I'm just glad its gone.
Good Luck man. I wouldn't worry too much about the stance. I will settle.
That "thump" is axle wrap I believe. It was very common with the 1st generations.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:26 AM   #7
Addicted

Had to move it accross the street so I took a second to measure the height of the rear. As of right now the rear has settled by nearly an inch after 14 hours and maybe 15 miles.

Here it is as of now:

Old 04-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #8
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldn't mess with it at all. looks good.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:58 AM   #9
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, looks close enough to me
Old 04-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
Addicted

I'm not feeling the rake. Still think I might do a small top plate lift or lift springs.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #11
Addicted

I have a set of 3" toyotatec spacers I could add, but I am worried about the reduced travel and ride quality.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #12
Grease Monkey
glandnut will become famous soon enoughglandnut will become famous soon enough

glandnut's Tacoma Gallery
I would just give it a bit more time. I really think with the added weight of the topper, you will settle just right within a small time...
Old 04-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #13
Addicted

Hmm found some 5100s that I can actually afford. Guessing I'll set them at 1.75 If the rig does settle I will just lower the setting.