Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

05s the only year for the bad motor mounts?

Old 04-18-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
05s the only year for the bad motor mounts?

Might be looking at a nice 06 soon and everything I see about the motor mount problem was in the 05s. Is this correct?
I checked the TSB list and did not see it.
Was it a full recall?
Any other things anyone has run into on the 06 models to look for?
Old 04-18-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Early 06's had the issue. Seems the latter ones dont.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you sir.
I will be under it with a flashlight checking it out.

How did they repair it?
From the pics I have seen it looks like the weld was overpenetrated and broke the frame along the mount weld.
Seems like they would have to replace a section of the frame to do it right.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Thank you sir.
I will be under it with a flashlight checking it out.

How did they repair it?
From the pics I have seen it looks like the weld was overpenetrated and broke the frame along the mount weld.
Seems like they would have to replace a section of the frame to do it right.
Im not sure how it was repaired. If you want, I can inspect the truck for ya.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
How do you tell which month your truck was built?
The build date is on the door jamb.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I will see it Wed. the 21st for the first time.
It is being traded in at my good friends dealership and he knew I was looking for one for my kid.
I appreciate the offer and may do that after I see it.
Thanks Chris
Old 04-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
GSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ron
GSRON's Tacoma Gallery
My 06 TRD Prerunner (mfg date 06/06) does NOT have the "updated" motor mounts.

I check them every oil change or whenever I'm under the truck.....