dashboard lights

Old 04-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
packers0227 is on a distinguished road
packers0227's Tacoma Gallery
dashboard lights

does anyone know how to change the colors on the dashboard? anyone in so cal
Old 04-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
before you get pounded by many
use the search feature on top of page.
many threads on the subject.
use "instrument lights" for subject.
or dash lights
or just go through all the threads, your bond to find something.
oh yea , once you do find something, check out the bottom of the page for similar threads

you'll soon be in information overload - hahaha
Old 05-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
MadScientist is on a distinguished road
MadScientist's Tacoma Gallery
Cool LED dash lights

Hi, i live in So Cal and i install custom Led's. Instead of re-soldering new Led's on the board i run separate 5mm LED's behind the dash gauge and use a tap splitter from the fuse box so they turn on and off with the truck. The 5mm Led's provide a much brighter and richer color than the stock board led's. I've been able to do Blue, White, Green, Red, and Slow rainbow colors with two led's to light up each individual gauge. Check it out:

Old 05-18-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
packers0227 is on a distinguished road
packers0227's Tacoma Gallery
so sick!! i wanna have like blue,white and green done? how much would that be?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
Senior Citizen
MT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant future

Air Force: Telecomm Tech
MT Madman's Tacoma Gallery
As much as the red dash lights are just boring they're actually best:

Looking at red light doesn't affect night vision, though, because rods are not sensitive to it. If you spend a lot of time driving at night and are looking for a new car, you may want to consider buying one with red dashboard lights.

http://www.myoptumhealth.com/portal/...e&clicked=true
Old 08-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #6
Jm1hawk will become famous soon enoughJm1hawk will become famous soon enough
Name: Jamie
Jm1hawk's Tacoma Gallery
How do you do that its sickk
Old 08-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
Hi, i live in So Cal and i install custom Led's. Instead of re-soldering new Led's on the board i run separate 5mm LED's behind the dash gauge and use a tap splitter from the fuse box so they turn on and off with the truck. The 5mm Led's provide a much brighter and richer color than the stock board led's. I've been able to do Blue, White, Green, Red, and Slow rainbow colors with two led's to light up each individual gauge. Check it out:

RAINBOWS R GAY
Old 08-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
looks like a Christmas tree
Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #9
MReedTRD10 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
MReedTRD10's Tacoma Gallery
lol
Old 08-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #10
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
RAINBOWS R GAY
Old 08-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #11
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by packers0227 View Post
does anyone know how to change the colors on the dashboard? anyone in so cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm1hawk View Post
How do you do that its sickk
see my sig for info and many more pics of different clusters... done over 30 fo them now, i can have you in/out in an hour!!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
Give 'er
wtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shedwtbthree is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
wtbthree's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Madman View Post
As much as the red dash lights are just boring they're actually best:

Looking at red light doesn't affect night vision, though, because rods are not sensitive to it. If you spend a lot of time driving at night and are looking for a new car, you may want to consider buying one with red dashboard lights.

http://www.myoptumhealth.com/portal/...e&clicked=true
You're quite right. To me, it just that the amber tone is pretty gross (I've never been a fan of any kind of orange) and I think that's the case for a lot of people with these gauges.

I'd like to go for a true red color with white needles...and hopefully the radio as well. My friends dad's Audi has red instruments and it looks sweet, not this stinky burnt orange
Old 08-24-2010, 08:51 PM   #13
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtbthree View Post
You're quite right. To me, it just that the amber tone is pretty gross (I've never been a fan of any kind of orange) and I think that's the case for a lot of people with these gauges.

I'd like to go for a true red color with white needles...and hopefully the radio as well. My friends dad's Audi has red instruments and it looks sweet, not this stinky burnt orange
i have a few different radios that i could mod for you and then ship...see my for sale post...
Old 08-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #14
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
If you, are anyone else is reading this.... and live in either LA area, Long Beach area, or Temecula area.... GET YOSH2000 to do it.

It was the first thing I ever did after buying the truck, and still to this day, every time I get in the truck, I love his work!
My color choice with some of his experienced suggestions, and his engineering expertise...

Yosh has the skills!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

still waiting for pics of these LEDs installed on the board dude..
Old 08-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCaron View Post
If you, are anyone else is reading this.... and live in either LA area, Long Beach area, or Temecula area.... GET YOSH2000 to do it.

It was the first thing I ever did after buying the truck, and still to this day, every time I get in the truck, I love his work!
My color choice with some of his experienced suggestions, and his engineering expertise...

Yosh has the skills!
hahah, thanks for the props dude, much appreciated!!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
I can't lie a white gauge cluster that fades into red would look pretty cool.
yay for pink gauges....