1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

full bb skids + sliders or 2.5 OME

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rhys, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Apr 19, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    rhys

rhys [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    6-spd 4x4 sb or
    afe intake, flexalite fan, cab a/c outlet, de-chrome in progress, bedlined sides, custom head and tail lights, arb front
    i have $1500 to blow on my truck and im deciding between an OME 2.5" lift or full budbuilt skids and cbi sliders. what would you choose?

2. Apr 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    skids and sliders

lifts might get you there but armor gets you out!

3. Apr 19, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    rhys

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    6-spd 4x4 sb or
    afe intake, flexalite fan, cab a/c outlet, de-chrome in progress, bedlined sides, custom head and tail lights, arb front
    yeah thats what im leaning towards

4. Apr 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    you might be able to save some money, idk if the full skids are really necessary...at least in my opinion

5. Apr 19, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I say lift it first!!!:D

6. Apr 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    depends on the kind of off roading you're going to do. if it's lots of sand, mud, lose dirt, roots and/or ruts, i say lift. ir you're going to be more on and around rocks and technical stuff, i sar armor the piss out of it. i do mostly snow (home in va) and sand, roots (school in fl), so i ipted for the lift first.

like said above, you could always do partial armor and a lift. i think a front skid, sliders, and a lift would be sweet!

good luck with the decision, i'm sure you'll be pleased either way

7. Apr 19, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    rhys

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    6-spd 4x4 sb or
    i want to install...

OME 2.5" + LR UCA $1500
    cbi armor (front winch bumper, sliders, rear swingout bumper) $1400
    full BB skids $900
    8000lb winch with synthetic setup $800 ish
    33" tires $800 ish

for the time being. i figured the tires come after the lift. the winch comes after the winch bumper. that leaves me the suspension, body armor and undercarriage armor. i really could care less if my front and rear bumpers get ate up. i do care if my gearboxes get thrashed. and lifting it would help a little and look nice. i dont do a whole lot of rocky trails but maybe if i had the under armor i would without worry. itd be nice to get the winch installed soon so i can run solo whenever i want.......

8. Apr 19, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    rhys

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    6-spd 4x4 sb or
    looking at bb prices.................

its $567 for gas, t-case and crossmember. i have the thin trd front and mid plates. the front only really protects the sway bar. the mid protects the engine and front diff. but i could still smash the hell out of those through the trd skids. i think the sliders are a need either way cause i dont want to mess up my rocker panels or doors plus my girlfriend is short so she needs the step if i lift. but if i get the lift and sliders then i cant get UCAs

9. Apr 19, 2010 at 4:21 PM
    rhys

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    6-spd 4x4 sb or
    so i guess it a decision between OME +sliders or full skids + sliders

thanks for the input guys. now im exploring more options. im thinking of all the ways i can empty my wallet/ get the best setup.

Products Discussed in

To Top