Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

full bb skids + sliders or 2.5 OME

Old 04-19-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
rhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: helo electrician
rhys's Tacoma Gallery
full bb skids + sliders or 2.5 OME

i have $1500 to blow on my truck and im deciding between an OME 2.5" lift or full budbuilt skids and cbi sliders. what would you choose?
Old 04-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
skids and sliders

lifts might get you there but armor gets you out!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
rhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
yeah thats what im leaning towards
Old 04-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
you might be able to save some money, idk if the full skids are really necessary...at least in my opinion
Old 04-19-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I say lift it first!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
depends on the kind of off roading you're going to do. if it's lots of sand, mud, lose dirt, roots and/or ruts, i say lift. ir you're going to be more on and around rocks and technical stuff, i sar armor the piss out of it. i do mostly snow (home in va) and sand, roots (school in fl), so i ipted for the lift first.

like said above, you could always do partial armor and a lift. i think a front skid, sliders, and a lift would be sweet!

good luck with the decision, i'm sure you'll be pleased either way
Old 04-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #7

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
i want to install...

OME 2.5" + LR UCA $1500
cbi armor (front winch bumper, sliders, rear swingout bumper) $1400
full BB skids $900
8000lb winch with synthetic setup $800 ish
33" tires $800 ish

for the time being. i figured the tires come after the lift. the winch comes after the winch bumper. that leaves me the suspension, body armor and undercarriage armor. i really could care less if my front and rear bumpers get ate up. i do care if my gearboxes get thrashed. and lifting it would help a little and look nice. i dont do a whole lot of rocky trails but maybe if i had the under armor i would without worry. itd be nice to get the winch installed soon so i can run solo whenever i want.......
Old 04-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #8

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
looking at bb prices.................

its $567 for gas, t-case and crossmember. i have the thin trd front and mid plates. the front only really protects the sway bar. the mid protects the engine and front diff. but i could still smash the hell out of those through the trd skids. i think the sliders are a need either way cause i dont want to mess up my rocker panels or doors plus my girlfriend is short so she needs the step if i lift. but if i get the lift and sliders then i cant get UCAs
Old 04-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #9

rhys's Tacoma Gallery
so i guess it a decision between OME +sliders or full skids + sliders

thanks for the input guys. now im exploring more options. im thinking of all the ways i can empty my wallet/ get the best setup.