1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Squeak Center For Second Gen Tacos

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoTron, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    I've actually had the same problem but i think i got lucky. I took out the whole deck and just tightened all my bolts and pushed everything back in pretty rough and it actually stopped so maybe youll get the same luck if u try that also man!

2. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    Triumph843

Triumph843 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    South Carolina
    They put in the antifriction pad things and lubed it up. I have the reg. cab 4x4 for I didn't qualify for the aal tsb. Ive tried pretty much everything but sanding it down... how does that work for the squeak?

3. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Oh yea thats what I had and the squeak came back in a week after going offroad just once. I think your best bet would to do an aal from toytec. Its been several months and I havent had one squeak at all. With sanding it i dont have too much info on that bcuz its a technique i've never used

4. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:21 PM
    Triumph843

Triumph843 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    South Carolina
    i'll have to look into that... i wasn't really wanting to add any height to the rear

5. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Yah man I think thats the best way to get rid of the squeak you can do an aal and put a bunch of sand bags to flatten it out or flatten them out b4 u put it them on. the tsb is an aal anyways from the dealership

6. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    2 or 3 weeks ago I got the fabtech lift

7. Apr 20, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    225nontypical

225nontypical ????????????

Member:
    backwoods
    Vehicle:
    11 tundra DC TRD OffRoad
    bilstein 5100's weather tech floor mats katskinz leather heated seats
    thanks i will try it out and see what happens. it is not real load but very annoying and the dealership said they have never seen this before?

8. Apr 21, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    swilky2000

swilky2000 Member

Member:
    MICHIGAN
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner DC TRD SB
    Bluelogix,Access Roll
    I just took mine in for the leaf spring TSB. The person I spoke with wasn't aware of the TSB for the springs, but did mention one regarding the leaf spring bushings being bad and causing squeaks. I noticed that happening the week before when I would drive over a speed bump slowly or even when the rear end would slightly lift when starting from a dead stop. Even happens when stepping on rear bumper.
    They are replacing the bushing pads also when they do the spring packs. Invoice shows SSP for Spring squeak P/N 04009-09104.

9. Apr 21, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    my driver side rear somethin squeeks pretty bad. I throw some wd-40 on the leaf spring mounts, shock mounts and a bit in between the leafs and i'm good for.. oh i'd say 3 months. heh.

10. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Sounds good man. Definitely gotta get rid of those horrid squeaks. Just make sure the dealer ship is lying to you because they told me they did the tsb to mine and all they did was lube them up. AAL is the way to go

11. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Sweet jefferson i will throw that up there for the solutions part man

12. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    haha no problem. Its a kinda-solution. Got the squeeks again. gonna wd-40 it after work and i should be good for a bit.

What i do now when i help someone with an AAL is i use axle grease between the leafs when i put them back together.. dunno if it works, but it cant hurt

13. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:08 AM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Yea that couldnt hurt at all. Do you have an AAL? I've had mine for I think half a year now and haven't got one squeak yet.

14. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    yup. i have AAL with 5100s. then like, 8 months later got the squeeks. Dunno where exactly. just been hitting everything with wd40 and it gets it every time

15. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:11 AM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    ^^^^ now im all depressed knowing I will get that horrid squeak back haha. Atleast I have wd40 ill just spray those suckers down once the squeak.

16. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    YUP. just turn up your stereo! :D

17. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    taco man31

taco man31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    my center console squeaks now and then. Not sure what part of it of the center console it comes from but i think it has something to do with the lid or hinges

18. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:14 AM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    Another happy member with wd40. I GUESS its safe to say if your squeaking with those AALs now WD40 THose bad boys.

19. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    TacoTron

TacoTron [OP] Tacotronn

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    07 Toyota Tacoma
    I would say the hinges. Everything almost in the taco thats got hinges and bolts need to be retorqued man.

20. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    glandnut

glandnut Reserve Squirrel Hair

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    16' 4Runner TEP, 01' Ext cab 4x4
    secret stuff.
    I've got an 09' double cab and kept hearing a rattle coming from the back. I discovered that even though I had the rear passenger shoulder belts slid in the holders, they were still rattling. What I did was just slip the belt into the holder with the buckle under the holder. The slight tension on the buckle getting pulled upwards against the holder stopped it completely...

Products Discussed in

To Top