Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My iPhone mount

Old 04-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Blue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really nice
Blue76's Tacoma Gallery
My iPhone mount

Not sure which forum to post this so I will just do it here...

I made a mount for my iPhone I thought was pretty slick so I thought I would share for others to copy...

I purchased the Universal Ram mount in the small size for $15.00.

I made a cardboard templete of the bracket I wanted to make sure it would fit and after all the tweaks I cut one out of 20ga sheetmetal and powder coated it black....

Here it is...

Greg
Old 04-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Nice I like it!
Old 04-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
looks good
Old 04-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Nice look! Very clean. Where did you bolt it onto? I thought about just putting mine, face up, next to the cupholder.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
I think therefore I'm a Democrat
Richman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichman21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Richman21's Tacoma Gallery
I like! Can you give me the link to the mount? I think I might buy one.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
Blue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really nice
Blue76's Tacoma Gallery
Right now it isnt bolted to anything.... the sheetmetal is cut to fit perfectly in the grooves inside the dash and the AC controls hold it in place. However... I will add a couple of small screws behind the AC controls later.

Here is a link to the holder I used.... http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-pla...ng-cradle.html

Greg
Old 04-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice and clean. I'd use it for my Ipod touch anyday
Old 04-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #10
Blue76's Tacoma Gallery
The tool I made to form these mounts was good for about 5 brackets before it simply wore out... it was just a mild steel mock up...

so... I have 5 of these brackets powder coated black. If anyone wants one of these I will ship it anywhere in the lower 48 states $20.00 including shipping. You would need to pick up the screws at Home Depot and order the holder.

I if interested PM me...

Thanks,

Greg
Old 11-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Just sent a PM... This is exactly what I've been looking for... Hopefully the OP will respond. Looks like his last activity was 08-09-10.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #12
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #13
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought one... Thanks again, Greg!

I used the link to go to the page selling the RAM Mount. One of the reviews said that they used it for the iPhone, but w/ the case on the iPhone it didn't work (too wide).

I can see from your picture that you have a case on yours. Too much to ask to get you to measure your iPhone in the case from side to side? I'm debating right now whether to get the small or medium.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #14
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
Right now it isnt bolted to anything.... the sheetmetal is cut to fit perfectly in the grooves inside the dash and the AC controls hold it in place. However... I will add a couple of small screws behind the AC controls later.

Here is a link to the holder I used.... http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-pla...ng-cradle.html

Greg
If you pull up the AC control panel, there's probably a screw to the left that you can pull out to mount it there. I bought something similar on Amazon. It looks the same but was mounted on the other side of the AC controls.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. i need one of these for my Droid Incredible.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:36 AM   #16
Blue76's Tacoma Gallery
I have one more of these left... I think I made like 5 when I first set up the laser and brakes... I will most likely never make any more... They are kind of a pain to get right without hard tooling.

Unless of course some company wants to buy like thousands of them...

If anyone wants the last one let me know...

Also... Mine has been installed for months... I have never put a screw in it. It holds very well just being pinched between the AC controls and the dash.

BTW... the universal mount has very thick padding on the sides... With the mount wide open I can stick my phone in it and it is perfect without ever squeezing it or adjusting it... it stay just fine. It works perfectly.

My phone in its case measures.... 2-5/8" wide 4-3/4" tall

Greg
Old 11-11-2010, 06:47 AM   #17

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
I have one more of these left... I will most likely never make any more...
This is a LIMITED TIME ONLY OFFER!!! You should raise your price to $50... Last one ever!

Thanks for the measurements. Mine's a touch narrower in the case, so I'm confident the small one will fit. I'm looking forward to getting this setup in the truck.

Thanks again!
Old 12-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #18

mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Finally got around to putting it in today. I was going to snap a picture of it holding the phone, but I was using the phone to take the picture.

I'm glad I went with the small RAM mount. It holds my Nano perfectly, too.

Thanks again!