1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Prerunner Purchase Questions

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Jeff3004x4, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Apr 21, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    Jeff3004x4

Jeff3004x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    East Killingly CT
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica
    Stock for now
    Hmm thanks about the disc brake info, I will mention that. Yes a prerunner. I do own a 2wd dakota currently, amazingly I make it down the road just fine, they make studded snow tires for a reason. In my little world 4x4 is for off road use, I cant justify purchasing a 4x4 vehicle to drive on the road. Hey everyone is different right?

2. Apr 21, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    Jeff3004x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    East Killingly CT
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica
    Stock for now
    This guy is a mess! He answers the phone I can barely hear him there is so much background noise. We go over the history of the truck; I ask if there were any repairs made. He tells me no, the Car Fax report reveals the radio has been replaced. I ask him if he knows anything about that he tells me he doesn’t. I immediately question his knowledge about the vehicle; he assures me that they are not misrepresenting the vehicle in any way. We move on to the 160 point inspection. I ask for details, he tells me they look at it to assure it meets Toyota standards. I request a copy of the report so that I can review it. He agrees to send the report. I then asked him if the vehicle had 4wheel disc brakes, he tells me yes. I told him that it is to the best of my knowledge that 2009 models came with drums in the back. He tells me it could have drums. At this point I realized that I needed to stop the conversation put some fire under his ass. I told him “I am trying to get the most accurate information that I can. I am traveling 1100 miles to potentially by this truck from you. It is time that we get off the phone and you double check the braking system on the truck and give me a call back to tell me your findings.” He called me back in 5min to tell me the truck had drum brakes in the rear. He scans me the report and e-mails it to me, it's a report for a 2009 Gray Toyota 4runner. We are off to a bad start! My confidence in the vehicle is getting lower by the minute.

3. Apr 21, 2010 at 2:20 PM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    Dont work with these incompetents! There has to be a truck closer to you than that.

4. Apr 21, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    Jeff3004x4

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    East Killingly CT
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica
    Stock for now
    Agreed, forget it, im sure it's a great truck but I have moved on.

5. Apr 22, 2010 at 5:24 AM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Damn... and

Good.

Products Discussed in

To Top