Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

ya, ya another alignment question

Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
callahansd
callahansd's Tacoma Gallery
ya, ya another alignment question

just got new tires 33" BFG km2s and I do not want them to burn up like my last set did, i have a 3inch lift (more like 2.5) and my specs are:::::

Camber - Left front = 0.6 Right front= 0.5

Caster - ...not listed... (why would it not be listed?)

Toe - Left front= 0.09 Right front= 0.11 (doesn't look good)

Camber/rear - left= -0.5 right= -0.2
Toe/rear - left= 0.28 right= -0.16
thrust angle - 0.22 (??)

what can i do to make this better / ideal
thanks for any help!

Yes I know there are threads that have these specs somewhere but Id like a response to my specific specs, if your upset about the repeat question why open it?
Old 04-21-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
new UCAs
Old 04-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
MASTER CHIEF
STR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTR8_BEAST is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
STR8_BEAST's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
new UCAs
^^^ what he said
Old 04-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
callahansd
callahansd's Tacoma Gallery
anything I could do before new UCA's are those specs going to eat my tires? I have the 17" alloy wheels if that matters
Old 04-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
eh, probably wont eat tires since its close, but it definitely can be made better. The Toe and camber are the wear angles for tires.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #6
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i'm running 2.5 in of lift on stock UCAs, and my camber looks just about the same as yours. i'm at about 3000 miles on my 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, and i can see some wear on theoutside of my front tires. nothing major, but you can tell it's not perfect. FWIW, I will be getting some new UCAs very soon.

also, it's kind of weird that the shop didn't list your caster. makes me wonder if it is further out than they want to admit. if you get any kind of vibrations at highway speeds (anywhere from 45 to 85), that means you caster is too low. new UCAs will also take care of that.

hope this helps,
colin