Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

:caution:

Old 05-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
pnpbiz is on a distinguished road
pnpbiz's Tacoma Gallery
:caution:

just got a 2006 tacoma 4dr 4x4 6' bed. first week rock hit windshield sent line from one side to the other but was below eye sight. two months later driving down interstate and hit very large piece of rubber on the road. It jumped up underneath my truck and broke my gas line.this truck has no protection for the gas line right in front of the gas tank.It also jumped up and slaped the left tail light and busted the bottom of the tail light. all this happened at 3am on the interstate in the rain. I did not see the tire laied out across the road until I was on top of it.called toyota about the danger of the gas line not being protected and they should be proactive about recalling this truck to put some kind of protection or skid plate over the gas line in this area for safty purposes and declinde to do so. Anyway I took the breather hose from my 650 honda rinco 4x4 and 2 paper clips and rigged the gas line to get me the rest of the way home ( 100 miles ). So I hope all the bad things that is going to happen is over.. you people with those 2006 tacomas watch out for your gas lines getting broken very easley....
Old 05-09-2008, 08:37 PM   #2
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Sorry about your luck.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw......hopefully your luck will start looking up, but thanks for the headsup!!! where in sc are you??
Old 05-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #4
pnpbiz's Tacoma Gallery
in york s.c. thanks I also hope all the bad is over...lol
Old 05-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnpbiz View Post
in york s.c. thanks I also hope all the bad is over...lol
sweet!!! im in rock hill now.....but i lived in york until 2 years ago(basically, for 26 years) when i got married!!! my mom and stepdad and grandpa still live there.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #6
pnpbiz's Tacoma Gallery
I would like to know what is the best mod to increase my fuel mileage.. if anybody can tell me please.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #7
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Abstinence.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #8

Quote:
I would like to know what is the best mod to increase my fuel mileage.. if anybody can tell me please.
a few different things really.....keep air in tires adjusted properly, then the stuff that gets costly.........synthetic oil(although, when motor gets broke in, mileage will get better), intake, exhaust, a urd maf calibrator(underdogracing.com),a scangauge 2 will probably be good too.....just to name a few!!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #9
pnpbiz's Tacoma Gallery
thanks I will look that up.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:26 PM   #10
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Less pressure from your right foot.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:57 PM   #11
dustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nicedustin19d is just really nice
Army:
Name: Dustin
dustin19d's Tacoma Gallery
My windshield witch is 3 years old has taken some prety brutal hits from road debris by Washington trucks with no flairs and i only have a tiny 2mm chip in the glass and
Dude you ran over a semi-tire not a piece of rubber. Thanks for the caution
Old 05-10-2008, 08:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin19d View Post
My windshield witch is 3 years old has taken some prety brutal hits from road debris by Washington trucks with no flairs and i only have a tiny 2mm chip in the glass and
what do you think a semi's tire is made of ????? granite???

like the guy said....his was a string of bad luck!!! if you aint got nothing constructive to say.......keep it shut!!
Old 05-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #13
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin19d View Post
So the fuel line on your truck is on your windshield? If not, what does your statement have to do with his fuel line issue?
Old 05-10-2008, 11:54 AM   #14
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My favourite mod for conserving gas Is actually going through the hassle of unloading my tools out the bed at weeksend and then loading thim back up after the weekend, every little bit counts!
Old 05-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #15
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
Abstinence.
smart ass

would have been better if you said to have sex with your wife at home and stop driving around looking for hookers.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #16
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I've found a lot of good info on this guy's site. He seems to have the appropriate qualifications to make the claims he does and he provides disclaimers when he's talking outside of his area of expertise.

http://fuelsaving.info/power_economy.htm
Old 05-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #17
pnpbiz's Tacoma Gallery
performance site

thanks for the web page . good material, and he does seem to know what he is talking about.. thanks again to all, for your input
Old 05-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #18
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What about an eco 2 vpe? Those seem to have good results.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #19
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedruM29 View Post
What about an eco 2 vpe? Those seem to have good results.
From the same webpage:
http://fuelsaving.info/atomisation.htm
Old 05-11-2008, 08:25 PM   #20
pnpbiz's Tacoma Gallery
fuel

this guy has done his home work I think.!!!!!