Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Baby Car Seats in a Double Cab

Old 05-22-2008, 06:13 AM   #21
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
any know ifyou can install a carseat in the middle seat rather then behind the drivers or pass. seat? i have yet to look and see if there are mounts in the middle.
just wondering
Old 05-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #22
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
any know if you can install a carseat in the middle seat rather then behind the drivers or pass. seat? i have yet to look and see if there are mounts in the middle.
just wondering
I just use the seat belt to strap in the base for my 8month old's car seat. I never bother with hooks since so many cars don't have them or you have to reach behind the seat, or some other awkward place.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #23
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed my first mod on my truck this week a baby seat.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #24
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
great... having the seat in the middle rather then behind one of the seats will ease up some room
Old 05-22-2008, 07:04 PM   #25
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^Look on the first page. One guy has pics up with the seat in the middle.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #26
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
i have to use a rear facing seat at the moment, takes up a LOT of space.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:24 PM   #27
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
i have to use a rear facing seat at the moment, takes up a LOT of space.
yeah, rear facing is a PITA, but u can install it in the middle and hook it under the front of the middle...and when forward facing comes in, u pop open the big fold down and connect the hook back there, then close it and install the seat like normal. easy to do and keeps room behind the two front seats
Old 06-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #28
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I use a car seat for my son all the time. This is our only vehicle. He's has tons of room. Very pleased with it
Old 06-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #29
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Holy thread resurrection, Batman.

Since I posted in this thread, I now have a rear facing car seat. This is what happens when it's placed anywhere other than the middle of the rear seat:

Old 06-14-2009, 06:18 PM   #30
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
I run three seats in mine, two forward facing and a booster seat. The booster is directly behind me and the 2 forward facing seats are in the middle and behind the passenger seat. Its really tight cuz the 2 forward facing seats are big, but it works. Luckily i will be going to 2 boosters and one forward facing probably within the week.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 AM   #31
nvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to all

Navy: Petty Officer First Class
Name: Matt
nvrenuf's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread, but I just found out I have TWINS on the way. Anyone put TWO rear facing car seats in their Double Cab? I'm over 6'1", and I'd rather not drive with the dash board in my knees. If you do run with two rear facers, what brand are they? I'd like to go with the kind that has the bases that stay in the truck...
Old 05-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #32
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrenuf View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I just found out I have TWINS on the way. Anyone put TWO rear facing car seats in their Double Cab? I'm over 6'1", and I'd rather not drive with the dash board in my knees. If you do run with two rear facers, what brand are they? I'd like to go with the kind that has the bases that stay in the truck...
i've had a forward behind me and a rear behing the passenger seat. my passsenger was stuffed in there and she's 5'9".
Old 05-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #33
OKWalker is on a distinguished road
OKWalker's Tacoma Gallery
Normally our two car seats stay in the wife's RAV4, but I have put them in my DC a few times. Plenty of room.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #35
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You're going to have to sit with the driver seat almost to the front....It also depends on what brand car seat you have. I have a Graco. I just bought a 2011 Sienna for the wife since we have another one on the way in September. If we need to go somewhere...the Sienna is what we take. No more car seat in the Tacoma come Sept.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #36
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's going to be very tough. I wouldn't recommend it. I have a Chicco (sp?) Keyfit 30 system and it's in the middle. I tried to put it behind the driver seat and it was just not going to happen.

Congrats on the twins.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #37
DOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant futureDOT has a brilliant future

Name: Jobin
DOT's Tacoma Gallery
This is why you should measure to see what car seat will fit the best I have a access cab and I had more room than that with the car seat in the back
Old 05-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #38
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i got a seat in my DC for my 3-year old son. tight fit but we still manage
Old 05-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #39
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
There's plenty of room. Even space to recline and not smash the little kiddies feet