Notices

Baby Car Seats in a Double Cab

Old 05-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
Baby Car Seats in a Double Cab

Any of you double cab guys have any issues or lack of space for car seats? This is another key factory in whether or not a tacoma will work for me as we have a 1 month old

i have a 1500 crewcab silverado and have yet to see a tacoma in personto compare rear seat roon, insight is appreciated
Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I recently put a car seat in my truck no probs on the room it depends on how big your car seat is cause i have seen some that are very bulky.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
tealm0nsta is on a distinguished road
tealm0nsta's Tacoma Gallery
i'll let you know tomorrow, i'm going to the dealer to see how well it works out i've got a pretty big seat, i'll try it forward and rear facing just to see.
if it fits i'll get pics of it when i get home!
Old 05-10-2008, 04:48 AM   #4
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
there is plenty of room, main reason I went with the double cab over the access.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:36 AM   #5
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing (because I have the Access cab) that there should be plenty. My youngest was still in a rear-facing car seat (takes up more room like that) when we got the truck, and he's in a full size booster seat now, and we've never had any problems even in just the Access cab, so I would think that the DC would have even more room. As someone said above--take the seat up to the dealership and see if it fits.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #6
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealm0nsta View Post
i'll let you know tomorrow, i'm going to the dealer to see how well it works out i've got a pretty big seat, i'll try it forward and rear facing just to see.
if it fits i'll get pics of it when i get home!
very nice! if it works out, it would be great if you could share what type of deal you got and the options, etc. im trying to see what would be the best deal i can get on a 2wd doublecab prerunner.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
^With SR5, $23,500 is invoice which is what I got mine for. Check Edmunds.com for more info.

teal, definitely update us. I'm wondering about this myself since my wife is 5 months pregnant and we're picking out car seats and stuff now.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #8
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some photo's of my backseat with the car seat in. I still have the ability to fold down the smaller part of the bench seat to axxs the storage and flashlight storage. I also used the center for the carseat so I dont have to worry about sun on my kid, it also gives her a cool view out of the windshield and I can see her no problem.

I have a Safety 1st Summit Deluxe High Back Booster Car Seat.

Edit: My kid is 17 months old and uses a front facing seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Baby Car Seats in a Double Cab-delete1.jpg   Baby Car Seats in a Double Cab-delete2.jpg  
Old 05-10-2008, 10:43 AM   #9
Wherever I May Roam
SteelCity will become famous soon enoughSteelCity will become famous soon enough

Navy: Navy Corpsman, LT, FMF (RET), U.S. Marines 4th LSB, Shock-Trauma Platoon
SteelCity's Tacoma Gallery
I have two in mine. A reg. car seat for my 2 1/2 yo. and a newborn seat. The newborn/cradle one takes up more room so it's on the passengers side an my wife is small so she doesn't need the seat all the way back. My other child is behind me and there is plenty of room right now. I wouln't say two kids in the back leaves loads of room left, but it works and I'm not paying (gas wise) to fill up a full size truck right now.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
silver6 is on a distinguished road
silver6's Tacoma Gallery
I just got rid of a Chevy 2500HD and bought a 2008 Tacoma DC 4x4 and two car seats fit well. It's a bit of a change compared to my crew cab silverado, but i've always wanted another Tacoma and this one finally fit the bill.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #11
OBXTucker is on a distinguished road
OBXTucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver6 View Post
I just got rid of a Chevy 2500HD and bought a 2008 Tacoma DC 4x4 and two car seats fit well. It's a bit of a change compared to my crew cab silverado, but i've always wanted another Tacoma and this one finally fit the bill.
Agreed! I just bought an '05 Tacoma DC that's in exceptional condition. Got it for $14k, which I couldn't pass up! My 4 year olds car seat fits great. Just finished installing it tonight along with the neoprene seat covers.

F250 SuperDuty 6.0 is going on the market monday - after a nice detail job....
Old 05-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #12
mowey01 is on a distinguished road
mowey01's Tacoma Gallery
My son is 18 months old and there is plenty of room. The Tacoma replaced my 2004 F250 extended cab 6.0. The Tacoma has more room than it did!!
Old 05-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
OBXTucker is on a distinguished road
OBXTucker's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the F250 crew cab - so that has a lot more room than my taco dc - BUT.... my F250 6.0 just cost me $118 to fill up this morning ($4.24/gal!)....
Old 05-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #14
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Had 3 in mine. Booster seat for 7yr old, car seat for 2 yr old, basket car seat thing for 8month old. All three in the back seat with wife and I up front.

My 7 yr old had some trouble buckling her seat belt with all the plastic taking up seat room, but other than that they had plenty of room.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:11 AM   #15
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
yeah after seeing/driving one, im confident that theres plenty of room
thanks for the input everyone
Old 05-11-2008, 06:34 AM   #16
Hounddog is on a distinguished road

Hounddog's Tacoma Gallery
I'll put my 2 cents in as well. I down sized from a F350 Crewcab long box to by beloved 08' Taco DC. It is smaller, but it works just dandy for my 4 year old and two year old. What I noticed the most regarding "loss" of space was the distance between the 2 child seats.

That is the spot I normally would stack the diaper bag, and other smaller items - In the DC that space is slightly smaller, so some items go directly on the floor. Hope this helps!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #17
Come on, Touch it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Had 3 in mine. Booster seat for 7yr old, car seat for 2 yr old, basket car seat thing for 8month old. All three in the back seat with wife and I up front.

My 7 yr old had some trouble buckling her seat belt with all the plastic taking up seat room, but other than that they had plenty of room.

3! dang, thats a lot of kiddy seats in the backseat of a dbl cab taco. I sure hope you dont have to load them all up often!

Maybe it's time to trade in and get a ridgeline..........Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #18
Budisweiser is on a distinguished road
Budisweiser's Tacoma Gallery
Thats funny

I went from a ram DC to a 2008 decked out tacoma DC. The space is fine for my two kids, however they are now in striking range of each other. I find myself breaking up more fights. Sure love the truck though..
Old 05-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #19
Come on, Touch it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budisweiser View Post
I went from a ram DC to a 2008 decked out tacoma DC. The space is fine for my two kids, however they are now in striking range of each other. I find myself breaking up more fights. Sure love the truck though..
But with less room comes the ability to reach back and smack their a$$es!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #20
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
3! dang, thats a lot of kiddy seats in the backseat of a dbl cab taco. I sure hope you dont have to load them all up often!

Maybe it's time to trade in and get a ridgeline..........Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's the only car we have that everyone fits in.... So it's everytime we all go somewhere.

I wouldn't get a ridgeline if they paid ME to get it.