1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is the grass really greener on the other side?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by MGH-PA, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Apr 23, 2010 at 6:19 PM
    LawP

LawP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 TRD OR Double Cab
    I drove my Dad's 06 F150 4x4 FX4 Double Cab with the 5.4 for about two months before I got my Tacoma. It was a beast, but in the end it wasn't that much fun. I was seriously considering getting a full size before I decided on my Tacoma because at first I was pissed about how much used Tacoma's held their value :) but I digress, if you need a full size then get a full size, from what I read of your posts you seem to be most bothered by the cab, I would say to simply get a Double Cab and be done with it.

2. Apr 23, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    Sforza

Sforza The Forcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SRD V6
    ARE Camper
    I am happy with my truck. If I had wanted a full size truck I would have bought one. My Taco hauls everyhthing I ever need to haul, but I don't need to haul too much. My Access Cab is perfect for me because I am in my truck by myself 99% of the time and the only thing I want the extra room behind the seats is to store stuff. I never put people back there. I don't like doing much with anyone other than my wife and if we need to go out in a group we can take my wife's car. I also like the fact that my truck is a prerunner because I like to sit up a little higher, but I do not need the extra expense, complication, and weight of a 4 wheel drive that I would rarely use if ever.

The thing to do is figure out what you need and then buy it. If you do a good job of understanding what you want out of a truck, you will not be second guessing yourself.

If you want a big old Ford Crew Cab, go for it, I have already had one of those and I did not like it because it is a big old truck that rides like a big old truck and it is not very handy around town or parking at the mall. But lots of my friend here in Texas think that they have to have the bigget truck possible just to haul their ass on down the freeway.

3. Apr 23, 2010 at 7:17 PM
    JESSMAN

JESSMAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    ARB BUMPER WARN M 8000 LIGHT FORCE LIGHTS Bill 5100 DOWNY FRONT LIFT RANCHO OLD MAN E REAR and JERRY CAN IN THE BED
    I moved up from a1989 Toyota Reg cab 4x4 4banger to a 08 Tacoma DC 4x4 4.0 V6 and it was a great move :bananadance: and much more greener !!!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top