Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Using Bluetooth w/Iphone in 2010 Tacoma

Old 04-25-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Rbohno is a jewel in the roughRbohno is a jewel in the roughRbohno is a jewel in the rough

Name: Richard
Rbohno's Tacoma Gallery
Using Bluetooth w/Iphone in 2010 Tacoma

Are there any Bluetooth guru's that have figured out how to store names/numbers in their truck.
I was able to get the Iphone to sync automatically but am stumped from there. I took the truck to the dealership and the guy that said he knew how to operate it didnt know anymore about the name/number storage than me.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MKC/E7
Name: Dennis
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
i have searched for hours and found this, you can sync up but you can't transfer your phone book over, i have a pioneer avhp4100dvd and i have the same issue
Old 04-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
it's not an issue with the tacoma's bluetooth system but more with the iphone. Iphone does not support syncing or transferring of phonebooks via bluetooth but I do hear that the 4.0 update will fix that
Old 04-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #4
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on the deck maybe? The stock/jbl upgrade deck doesn't store numbers at all. I have a kenwood dxn6960 and it syncs address book, missed calls, outgoing/incoming to my phone which alas is a winmo phone, not an iphone.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
TacomaToday is on a distinguished road
Name: Keye Newen
TacomaToday's Tacoma Gallery
On your steering wheel control there should be a button with a person face on the bottom right hand side of the steering wheel. That's your "Voice Command" Button. You can use that and program speed dials and phone numbers.
Start off by pressing the "Voice Command" button and say "Set Up" out loud.
Look in the manual there's a whole section on 3-3 about this.
Hope that helps.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
frankybones is a jewel in the roughfrankybones is a jewel in the roughfrankybones is a jewel in the roughfrankybones is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
frankybones's Tacoma Gallery
iphone does not support
Old 04-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
TacomaToday is on a distinguished road
Name: Keye Newen
TacomaToday's Tacoma Gallery
iphone does not support sync, but you can program you address book and speed dials to your JBL headunit. I have 2010 and am using my bluetooth with iphone for voice command and as well and speed dials to the truck's programed address book.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #8
lasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant futurelasllc has a brilliant future
Navy: Lead PO Submarine Reactor Control Dvision
lasllc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjimenRR View Post
it's not an issue with the tacoma's bluetooth system but more with the iphone. Iphone does not support syncing or transferring of phonebooks via bluetooth but I do hear that the 4.0 update will fix that
Not necessairly true: My 3GS syncs and transfers my phone book to my garmin gps with no problem - but, there is no way to premenately store them/it off the phone - the phone needs to transfer it each time it links to the garmin.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #9
EricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEricT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EricT's Tacoma Gallery
The JBL head unit doesn't sync/transfer contacts at all.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #10
Creemore will become famous soon enoughCreemore will become famous soon enough
Creemore's Tacoma Gallery
The Toyota Bluetooth will support whatever the phone has built-in, including voice dialing from your contact list. iPhones don't offer voice dialing, so this Bluetooth doesn't either. The manual is clear-ish about this.

It is true that some Bluetooth systems will suck your contact data up from the iPhone. But this isn't one of them.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #11
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
Can you sync pandora with a 2010 taco? I have a friend that has one.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #13
Gotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to beholdGotcha88 is a splendid one to behold

Gotcha88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonoluluTaco View Post
Since were on the subject I have the 2010 JBL and I've been wanting to turn down the volume on the handsfree phone it's absurdly loud. Been to lazy to look it up, anyone know how to adjust the volume?
Regular volume controls when on the phone.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #14
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
So are you able to play pandora via Bluetooth?
Old 06-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #16
jprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to alljprovence is a name known to all
Navy: Honorably Discharged
Name: Joshua
jprovence's Tacoma Gallery
The Toyota bluetooth is more a handsfree headset like a Jawbone then a fancy in-car setup. When want to voice dial with your iphone while connected to your bluetooth, PRESS AND HOLD THE HOME BUTTON on the iphone till VOICE COMMAND pops up. All audio will be routed through the car. So you can speak to your phone though the bluetooth in the car. EX "Call Katie" the phone will ask Mobile or Home, etc. SPEAK the type and the phone will dial. The toyota part just handles the audio from the bluetooth. No data. This works on all iphones. Well I don't know about newer iphones. It worked on my 3GS when I wanted to place a call.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking for an answer to the phone book issue with my Android (Samsung Galaxy S), and found this-
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...bluetooth.html

I can sync one entry at a time, but I can't get it to do all of them. I've got a couple entered, but I need to block out an hour or so I guess to do all of them. I usually just do the dial by number, but once in a while I need to call someone who's number I don't know. I wind up hitting the entry in the contacts on the phone, and then the bluetooth picks it up when it connects.