Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone use these interior LED's?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
BIG EYE is on a distinguished road

Name: David
BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone use these interior LED's?

Look like they would be bright and work good, but was courious if anyone has used them in their dome light, or has a different to recommend?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Whi...Q5fAccessories
Old 04-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
I've been wanting an LED dome bulb bad......but I read in a post somewhere that a member put an LED bulb in and it wasn't much brighter. These look badass though. If you get them, let us know how bright they are.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #4

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Your thread may be better served it were in the lighting section.

Your probably right....I will post in there
Old 04-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
That's what I have had in for the past year and its working great. No LED are out and it even dims just like the stock bulb.

Extremely easy to install - plug and play!
Old 04-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #7

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
That's what I have had in for the past year and its working great. No LED are out and it even dims just like the stock bulb.

Extremely easy to install - plug and play!
which option are you using?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
I thought I bought it at Ozium but I checked and actually bought through ebay.

Here are the selection of lights. I bought 'white' and am very happy with the color. It's a pure white light and looks really cool.
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant...dkw=&_osacat=0

Here is a link to the one I bought:
White 48-LED Interior Car Dome Map Light 194 BA9S 32mm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/White...item439ef041c0
Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #9
Westside Medic is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Robby
Westside Medic's Tacoma Gallery
Also check out Superbrightleds.com. I bought (4 ) 194 bulbs in Cool Blue, two went in my tag lights and the other two are in my map lights. They are extremely bright. I also bought one for my dome light that is bright as well. I think that it was a 2 led 3022 bulb in cool blue. i could take some pic and post them if need be..
Old 04-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
Experience_Life is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Staff Sergeant, Weapons Loader on B-1 & F-15
Experience_Life's Tacoma Gallery
Autozone carries plug & play lights that are pretty cheap & very easy to install. Comes w/ a host of bulbs to fit many vehicles, so just find the one that's the size of the Taco. Here's a pic of mine.....

Old 04-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
forget those little "festoon" bulbs. get one of the 38 bulb boards or however many bulbs they are...4x brighter than the standard 6 led bulbs.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #12

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Medic View Post
Also check out Superbrightleds.com. I bought (4 ) 194 bulbs in Cool Blue, two went in my tag lights and the other two are in my map lights. They are extremely bright. I also bought one for my dome light that is bright as well. I think that it was a 2 led 3022 bulb in cool blue. i could take some pic and post them if need be..
If you could capture the brightness of the dome light that would be awesome! I have the 194 LED's for my license plate, and map lights as well. DDM is local to me, so i was able to walk into their store and grab 4 of them for $3 each, but they dont have the festoon bulbs in the right size for the Tacoma, so i want to make sure i get one that matches well and is bright enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experience_Life View Post
Autozone carries plug & play lights that are pretty cheap & very easy to install. Comes w/ a host of bulbs to fit many vehicles, so just find the one that's the size of the Taco. Here's a pic of mine.....

You got this "light board" at Autozone? How bright is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
I thought I bought it at Ozium but I checked and actually bought through ebay.

Here are the selection of lights. I bought 'white' and am very happy with the color. It's a pure white light and looks really cool.
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant...dkw=&_osacat=0

Here is a link to the one I bought:
White 48-LED Interior Car Dome Map Light 194 BA9S 32mm
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/White...item439ef041c0
Thanks for the info!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #13
thai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud ofthai fyter has much to be proud of

thai fyter's Tacoma Gallery
Check out my thread. I just installed some LED's in my interior as well as my license plate, 3rd brake light and corner lamps. There is a thread referenced in my post that has all of the part numbers for the LED's you need. All of them fit perfect, are easy to install and are very bright. My interior is much brighter now with the LED replacement. I used the 6 LED festoon for my dome light and it is quite a bit brighter than stock. The map lights are MUCH brighter. Hope this helps.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tall-pics.html
Old 04-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #14

BIG EYE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thai fyter View Post
Check out my thread. I just installed some LED's in my interior as well as my license plate, 3rd brake light and corner lamps. There is a thread referenced in my post that has all of the part numbers for the LED's you need. All of them fit perfect, are easy to install and are very bright. My interior is much brighter now with the LED replacement. I used the 6 LED festoon for my dome light and it is quite a bit brighter than stock. The map lights are MUCH brighter. Hope this helps.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tall-pics.html

Awesome! Thanks!
Yours looks good!
Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 AM   #15
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about doing this, but I think that I would rather just wire up my map light to come on with the door opening and save some cash. (Going to want it for the new cluster and radio LEDs anyway)
Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #17
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
I have the blue 42 led dome light and I really like it. Looks trippy at night, especially with smoke in the vehicle!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #18
Experience_Life is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Staff Sergeant, Weapons Loader on B-1 & F-15
Experience_Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG EYE View Post

You got this "light board" at Autozone? How bright is it?

Thanks for the info!
It's pretty dang bright! Love it. Had to go to Autozone one day, snooping around the store, came upon this board & 30 seconds later I had another mod to scratch off the list! Here are a few pics....

Old 04-28-2010, 05:16 AM   #20
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
I like it! What did you tie it in to? Did you just tap it into the dome light so it goes it come on when the door is opened?