Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Scratch on bumper. Best course of action?

Old 04-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Scratch on bumper. Best course of action?

Test fitted an avid offroad light bar (alone) and put a scratch on the painted plastic front bumper. Its about an inch and a half long. Its got some depth to it, maybe 1/16". Ive got some touch up paint from dealer, and also clear coat in a touch up bottle also from dealer.

What would you do?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #2
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFI2Toyota View Post
Well, depends. Need picture. Depending on where it was, just use the touch up paint/ clear coat. And let it dangle.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ ouweee!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #4
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
I would go wheeling and add about 20 more of those to add character.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
stick114 is on a distinguished road

Army:
stick114's Tacoma Gallery
X2^^^
Old 04-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #7
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
better get a new bumper, cant be having that MASSIVE GARGANTUAN SCRATCH!!
Old 04-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
Banned
no way mines a gem.

i scratched it with the damn light tabs. lmfao. i was so angry i sent it off to line-x boot camp with my sliders and skid.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
sand it down and paint it black
Old 04-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
Where the White Women At?
StZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shedStZu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
StZu's Tacoma Gallery
did you try to buff it out? Doesn't look that deep.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:58 AM   #11
Local Man
bigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigburrito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bigburrito's Tacoma Gallery
have you tried yelling at it?
Old 04-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Probably gonna have to trade the truck in now...j/k

that looks a little deep for touch up paint. You will have to do multiple layers of touch up paint to build it back up, then a little wetsand and buff and it shouldn't be as noticeable.

Don't you hate it when you do that? I put a ding in my tailgate recently loading some 2x4s in the the bed. First dent in the truck. I was pissed. Not to mention its near the top of the tailgate where I can't get my thumb in there to massage it out.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #13
Banned
thanks. so build it up with the touch-up paint>?

any1 else?

btw 90% of my posts may be bullshit. but the other 10% are helpful and thoughtful. im about due for another good reply.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #14
Banned
Btt
Old 04-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #15
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Time for ARB.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Just leave it