1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What years was it made (if ever)? What models/trim?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by lurkerdan, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Apr 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM
    lurkerdan

lurkerdan [OP] Member

Member:
    Hi all, hope this is the right forum (I don't know the difference between 1st and 2nd Gen Tacomas, and my question spans both time frames).

I am looking for a very specific model of Tacoma, and I'm not even sure it exists. I want a double cab, 4wd, manual transmission, long bed. By long bed, I mean 6'+, I don't know if there are some models that are not quite 6' so wanted to make that clear (6' is important because I will put a camper shell on it and sometimes sleep in the back, and I am 5'9").

I know that they currently make one that has all my requirements except manual transmission (which is annoying, since they offer manual in other versions). While the manual is the one semi-optional requirement, I really would prefer it (plus I do not think I can afford a 2010). Was this truck ever made? If so, what years, what models/trim, etc.?

Also, if anyone has any advice on how to go about finding a used truck that fits this criteria (search terms, places to search, etc), I'm all ears.

Thanks!

2. Apr 28, 2010 at 6:26 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    No and the actual bed length is 73.5"

3. Apr 29, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    lurkerdan

lurkerdan [OP] Member

Member:
    "no" meaning the crew cab long bed 4wd was never made with a manual?

What years was it made with an auto?

4. Apr 29, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    They only made the long bed double cab in an automatic.

5. Apr 29, 2010 at 8:15 AM
    HEAVY WT

HEAVY WT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    LA
    Vehicle:
    16 T4R TEP
    It would have been awesome to have the 6sp with the DC LB, but the LB was more important than shifting my own gears when it came to a truck, so bought my first automatic vehicle...

Wish Toyota would make that an option, I know I would be all about that!

6. Oct 25, 2010 at 12:52 PM
    lurkerdan

lurkerdan [OP] Member

Member:
    6 months later and still haven't bought a truck yet, but need to soon (I need the double cab because of a baby on the way!).

So, I've decided that I don't need a manual transmission. So, what years has Toyota made a double cab, 4wd, long bed?

Thanks!

7. Oct 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    slmgt

slmgt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greater Seattle Area
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport w/ JBL DCLB V6 AT
    Husky floor mats (Fr and Rr)
    I would say they have made that combination for some time now. I know for sure my 2011 would qualify as would '10s that I have seen. It seems logical to me that most years would feature those features.

In Toyota lingo, it is actually called a "Double Cab"

8. Oct 25, 2010 at 1:00 PM
    lurkerdan

lurkerdan [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks, changed my post to double cab (hard to keep track of the lingo!). :D

It would seem logical that they would have made it in all years, but I can't be sure. For ex., the Nissan Frontier has had the double cab for all of the 2000s, yet the long bed was not made in 2000, 2001, 2005, and 2006.

I can't afford to buy new with a baby on the way, so it'd be good to know if there are certain years I should just ignore (because often, when searching listings online, they don't always say that they are a long bed, and it'd be nice to whittle down the search some).

9. Oct 25, 2010 at 1:03 PM
    lurkerdan

lurkerdan [OP] Member

Member:
    awesome, thanks!

10. Oct 25, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    Dan,

One thing that I found when I was searching for my truck is the TRD Offroad package isn't offered with the long bed with the double cab within the 2010 and 2011 year models. With that in mind it may be the same back to 2005 as well. I ended up with a 2011 double cab 4X4 with the longbed with the TRD Sport package. My logic going that route is that I can purchase upgraded components to achieve the offroad prowess I require but trying to retrofit a longbed onto the truck later would most likely be severely cost prohibitive if possible at all.

Regardless, I hope you find the exact one you are searching for and once you do you end up kicking yourself for not getting it sooner. And congratulations on the Junior model mod. I have one myself now - 10 months old - and he is a blast to hang out with.

11. Oct 25, 2010 at 1:15 PM
    lurkerdan

lurkerdan [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks! I don't plan on doing much off-roading, just a rough dirt road here and there to get to a trailhead that might officially be called a "four wheel drive road" but isn't too gnarly. So I don't think that will be a huge problem for me (but admittedly, I don't know the difference other than guessing by the names).

Products Discussed in

To Top