1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rocky Mounts Clutch SD owners... No offroad?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by texastacobueno, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Apr 28, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    texastacobueno

texastacobueno [OP] Effin A Cotton, Effin A

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    College Station, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Sport
    Pop N Lock - Westin sportsman guard - Hella 500 fogs - extra D-rings - Mag Lite mounts
    Hey I'm wondering if any Rocky Mount Clutch SD owners offroad with this particular fork mount while a bike is in the bed. we do alot of offroad when we mountain bike, not super hardcore but we do bounce around alot. will it be able to stand up to it? And also will my front rail be able to handle the weight 2 bike mounts + bike during use?

2. Apr 28, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    Plannerman99

Plannerman99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Our Adventure Vehicle
    I've been using the Toyota fork mounts for almost two years now and they've held up well with multiple bikes, even under mild off-road conditions. My recollection is that the factory rails have a 250 lbs. load capacity. Still, at times, they've seemed a bit sketchy as there is a bit of play and the bikes twist a little. If I'm going to be driving anything rough, I strap the rears down to keep the bikes planted.

3. Apr 28, 2010 at 8:43 PM
    fiscalmd

fiscalmd New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road
    These were the first add-ons I purchased for the Tacoma. Matching-key locks directly from Rocky Mounts in CO. They are very sturdy. I jerk on the bikes after locking in place to make sure they are tight, and the forks do not move. You will get a hop every now and then when hitting a large bump, but the bikes will still be there.

If you are worried, get a cable lock and strap the rear wheels down like I do. This also prevents the local hoodlum from thinking about taking my rear wheel when I am at work.

Products Discussed in

To Top