Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Extang soft cover...who has one, and whats your opinion?

Old 05-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
hondabuster is on a distinguished road
Air Force: F4 mechanic
hondabuster's Tacoma Gallery
Extang soft cover...who has one, and whats your opinion?

Looking to buy a soft cover, and the price for the Extang looks much beter than the rest. About 230 or so. Nobody seems to have one in stock, and I dont want to order one until I know more. Who has one, and whether good or bad, whats your take on them?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Extang Trifold which costed $300 shipped to my door. Less than 10 min to install. Folds in three and takes off easily whenever you wanna the full bed. I like it alot and it works easily in below zero weather unlike snaps. Also bed is dry. No issues for over 19k miles.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
I believe its the "tufftonno" one, I found it on ebay, and it appears to be good....no snaps, it uses velcro. I want one which is easy on and off, and can be rolled up out of the way when needed.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #5
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I had one before on two of my Rangers with the rails that clamped on and snaps. I lived in the Pacific Northwest and the only way I could manage was with the snaps. When it gets cold you can roll it up but have a heck of a time getting it stretched back out to cover again. I would take it through automatic car washes, storms at the Pacific Coast you name it and it was awesome.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
mowey01 is on a distinguished road
mowey01's Tacoma Gallery
I just put he full tilt by Extang on mine 3 weeks ago and love it. I went with the snaps since the velcro is hard to stay down after trying to put it back on in cold weather.Full tilt was $316 shipped to the door from 4wheelonline.com
Old 05-13-2008, 07:07 PM   #7
tdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the roughtdm156 is a jewel in the rough

tdm156's Tacoma Gallery
I have seen so many of the velcro ones get dirty and it doesnt seem to take long before it wont stay attached....to me the snaps are definately the way to go on a soft cover like this.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:00 AM   #8
Sounds like everyone is satisfied with the quality, and that was my main concern. Ill probably order the one on ebay, for 230.
Thanks for the responses
Old 05-14-2008, 06:47 AM   #9
Leesjoy is on a distinguished road
Leesjoy's Tacoma Gallery
is your tri-fold a hard or soft cover? i'm looking at Extang as well but still need to decide between the Solid-Fold(hard) and the soft. Is there much of a weight difference? thanks,
Old 05-14-2008, 07:02 AM   #10
National Champions
death valley fan is on a distinguished road

Army: Louisiana National Guard 205th Engineering Battalion Commo Section
Name: Chris
death valley fan's Tacoma Gallery
Advantage Torza

I'm looking at the Advantage Torza. Does anyone have one or know anything about this brand. This is the tri-fold model (not the Kwik Draw). Also looking into the Rugged Liner as well. Any info will be muchly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:44 AM   #11
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by death valley fan View Post
I'm looking at the Advantage Torza. Does anyone have one or know anything about this brand. This is the tri-fold model (not the Kwik Draw). Also looking into the Rugged Liner as well. Any info will be muchly appreciated.
I have the Advantage Torza (soft) top and I love it.

You can see pictures here:
http://www.lieblweb.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=16
Old 05-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #12
National Champions
death valley fan is on a distinguished road

Army: Louisiana National Guard 205th Engineering Battalion Commo Section
Name: Chris
death valley fan's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Janster, You helped me make my decision.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:39 PM   #13
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
anyone deal with an extang express or extang ft tonneau? seems like they wont work wtiht he tie down system
im int he market for a soft cover... weather isnt an issue here, i had a lund softy with velcro on my silverado and it was fine as rolled and unrolled it every weekend.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
anyone deal with an extang express or extang ft tonneau? seems like they wont work wtiht he tie down system
im int he market for a soft cover... weather isnt an issue here, i had a lund softy with velcro on my silverado and it was fine as rolled and unrolled it every weekend.
You live in TX - no wonder you don't have any problems.

Up North where it's cold....The vinyl shrinks in cold weather and expands in hot weather.

I owned atleast 2 'snapped' soft tonneau covers on previous trucks. In the winter - if you took it off, don't ever plan on getting it back on until spring. It's impossible to stretch it to reach the snaps in cold weather.

This time around, I bought the Adv. Torza Tri-fold. No snaps, no velcro, no slots.... It's attached to the frame and you fold the frame up. You can take it off & put it back on without worrying about the cold weather.