1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Multiple switches on bed light mod?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by brow, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Apr 29, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2

I think you are going to have a hard time finding switches that can be wired to light up when either switch is on. If it were me, I would use two SPDT switches without lights, and then wire a seperate indicator light with a wire running from your bed lights all the way back to the dash.

There may be lighted switches that will work, but if you are wiring this as a three way setup with two switches like you would have in your house, the light bulb in each switch will have to have seperate terminals going to it. I believe the switch manufacturer will call this an "independent pilot light".

2. Apr 29, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    yes. its rather difficult but not impossible. Its just finding the correct switch

Products Discussed in

To Top