1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Unique Dealer Experience

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by DonL, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Apr 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM
    DonL

DonL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Prescott, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    Monster Exhaust, Shell, 5100's all around, Airlift airbags, Hankook Atm, K&M air filter
    Thought this might interest some Taco owners.
    While on a hunting trip, and over one hundred miles from home, my 2008 Tacoma TRD Off Road developed a leak in the transfer case.( Or so I thought!) The travel trailer I was pulling had gear oil on the front so I was worried that I had a problem. I was passing through Show Low, AZ and I pulled into Hatch Toyota to have the truck checked. I thought,"Well, I'll have to drop the trailer and I'll be here at least overnight if not longer if I have a real problem". I went to the service department and spoke to Tieg Briggs and Robert Rose and told them the problem. Without hesitation they told me to drop my trailer on the lot and pull into the service entrance. The problem was diagnosed as an over filled transfer case and expansion of the gear oil from heat pulling the trailer over a long climb. Gear oil was blowing out of the top vent in the transfer case. I was in and out within the hour even though it was lunch time. Is that not service or what???
    DonL

2. Apr 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    Blue

Blue You're my boy blue

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Sierras
    Vehicle:
    ex 99 current 04 TRD
    Wow thats damn good service. Its good to see that there is such a thing

Products Discussed in