Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

HELP Yellow Wire Mod!!

Old 05-01-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
Another Toyota Enthusiast
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
toyo freak's Tacoma Gallery
HELP Yellow Wire Mod!!

Just did the yellow wire mod, cut the second wire, like i was supposed to, but now my maintanance required light keeps flashing!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyo freak View Post
Just did the yellow wire mod, cut the second wire, like i was supposed to, but know my maintanance required light keeps flashing!!!
Old 05-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
toyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyo freak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Come on guys I really need help

The light flashes for like 5-8 seconds when I start the truck now, never did it before. Is this normal
Old 05-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The light flashes for like 5-8 seconds when I start the truck now, never did it before. Is this normal
Did you try resetting it to see if it persists?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:27 AM   #5

I know this might sound dumb....

Could the light be on because I need to change my oil? I have 4,500 miles on it and haven't serviced it yet?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
Andy2010 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
Andy2010's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, dealer had me come back at 1,000 miles for a free oil change.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Could the light be on because I need to change my oil? I have 4,500 miles on it and haven't serviced it yet?
Yes.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #8

Just reset it and it worked

Yea need to get oil change, it just freaked me out when it came on not long after i cut the wire and hooked battery back up!
Thanks Guys
Old 04-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Another yellow wire mod help before I cut the wire on my 2010 reg cab 4x4, I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. Here's a pic I just took. Do I cut the yellow wire that is second from the top here (where I'm pointing)?

Click for full-size image (1024 x 768)

I'm going wheeling tomorrow and wont have a bunch of time to fix things if this messes everything up. Here are the steps I'm going to do: 1. Disconnect the battery 2. Unplug that clip with all the wires going into it 3. Cut the yellow wire second down from the top 4. Connect clip back in 5. Connect battery

Is this correct? What if I dont unplug the white clip with all the wires going into it before I cut the yellow wire?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
Nonfatwater7 is on a distinguished road

Nonfatwater7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Ah, I dont have ATRAC or whatever...
Old 04-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #13
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
Another yellow wire mod help before I cut the wire on my 2010 reg cab 4x4, I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. ...

I'm going wheeling tomorrow and wont have a bunch of time to fix things if this messes everything up.
Hey man, I can't help you with the yellow wire mod because I haven't done it.

But - I can offer a word of perspective: A time when you "won't have a bunch of time to fix things if this messes everything up." is a *bad* time to be making a modification.

Just sign me: a guy who has previously exercised bad timing.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #14
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Hey man, I can't help you with the yellow wire mod because I haven't done it.

But - I can offer a word of perspective: A time when you "won't have a bunch of time to fix things if this messes everything up." is a *bad* time to be making a modification.

Just sign me: a guy who has previously exercised bad timing.
Good call. I'll just wait until a get back from Cleghorn to do it. I wanted to do it before I go so I can try it out, but it may be too risky. Thanks.