1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

leaf spring squeak and the battle for TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Triumph843, May 1, 2010.

1. May 1, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    Triumph843

Triumph843 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    South Carolina
    So I've had a horrible leaf spring squeak and they did the squeak tsb even though I was at 39k miles. Well the squeak has returned and its worse than before! I just talked to the "dealershit" and they are going to look into giving me the 4leaf pack since I have to make another 2 hour drive to have them look at it. I'm really hoping they do it because I've had to nag them about doing it for a regular cab for awhile now. Has anyone with a regular cab had it done yet?

2. May 2, 2010 at 6:52 AM
    ShadowFalken

ShadowFalken Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    10 Off Road
    Raptor stainless bars, Wet Okole covers, RollBak bed cover, PopNLock, Redline hood struts, XM radio factory kit
    The TSB is written for the Access and Double Cabs.

I bet the dealership told you it did not apply to your truck.

You think they are wrong and call them a "dealershit"

Some custurdmers are hard to please

3. May 2, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    jasalvas

jasalvas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    I have a question... What is the TSB?

4. May 2, 2010 at 7:49 AM
    ShadowFalken

ShadowFalken Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    10 Off Road
    Raptor stainless bars, Wet Okole covers, RollBak bed cover, PopNLock, Redline hood struts, XM radio factory kit
    Great question.

It stands for Technical Service Bulletin. They are used by EVERY auto maker to convey important information to service and body technicians about a wide range of issues. They can cover everything from how to remove the protective shipping film from a new car, to a POTENTIAL root cause of that little noise on a certain car. They are NOT a list of free things to have done, or a list of recall or warranty concerns. SOME may address those issues but they are mainly infomation updates, tips, guides and so forth.

The one that this member is posting about is discussed here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...-0305-08-revision-2-includes-2009-2010-a.html
    and one member even included a PDF copy as a link in that thread. It should be found in the first page of posts if I remember correctly. Open that up and read it CAREFULLY so you can see how much detail there is even for a simple issue like rear springs. Also think about how many revisions there have been to this issue.

Products Discussed in

To Top