Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tailgate seal not sticking

Old 05-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
trd taco guy is on a distinguished road
Name: Rob
trd taco guy's Tacoma Gallery
Tailgate seal not sticking

So I finally got around to installing my tailgate seal now that the weather is getting warmer but after a few weeks the lower part isn't sticking. So I was wonderng if there is any adhesive or some sort of caulk that you guys would recomend to hold the rubber to the composit bed?
Old 05-02-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
3M weather strip adhesive? Auto parts stores should have it.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
plinian is on a distinguished road

plinian's Tacoma Gallery
On a related note, does anyone recommend any particular brand of tailgate seal over another? I just put a topper on my truck and would like to seal the tailgates as best as possible also.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd taco guy View Post
So I finally got around to installing my tailgate seal now that the weather is getting warmer but after a few weeks the lower part isn't sticking. So I was wonderng if there is any adhesive or some sort of caulk that you guys would recomend to hold the rubber to the composit bed?
Access cover, yes?

Email eallen@agricover.com with your situation, serial number (black and white label on rear bar), and mailing address. He will suggest you rough up the area and remove the sheen with a scotch brite pad. You will suggest he sends you a new seal under warranty. I will suggest you spread a thin coat of clear silicone on adhesive prior to applying new seal.