Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New parts delivered!

Old 05-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Cool New parts delivered!

Bilstein 5100s, 3 Leaf AAL, and a Detroit TrueTrac!

I am going to try and have all of this installed ASAP.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I've been down this road. Return the rear shocks, they will hold you back. They are no longer than stock. Since you're going with 1.5" in the rear, you want the bilstein 5125 with 8.6" travel, 22.5" extended (BE5-6253-H5). And a procomp eye-to-stem adapter which adds another 1.5" and mount the shocks boots down.

This is mine, with 9.24" travel. I have a little more lift in the rear.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
will new brake lines be needed?
not with 1.5" of lift.

2.5" would be a very good idea.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
I've been down this road. Return the rear shocks, they will hold you back. They are no longer than stock. Since you're going with 1.5" in the rear, you want the bilstein 5125 with 8.6" travel, 22.5" extended (BE5-6253-H5). And a procomp eye-to-stem adapter which adds another 1.5" and mount the shocks boots down.

This is mine, with 9.24" travel. I have a little more lift in the rear.

nice! Would that add lift to an existing AAL? I like that setup quite a bit.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
Banned
Thanks. No the shocks will not provide any lift. The 5100's he got for the front however, will.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I don't see the part on the ProComp Site. If I call them will they know what I am talking about?

I think I will consider the 5125's when I get a full leaf pack like Deavers or Alcans.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:28 AM   #7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedToy View Post
I don't see the part on the ProComp Site. If I call them will they know what I am talking about?

I think I will consider the 5125's when I get a full leaf pack like Deavers or Alcans.
Heres the adapter.

http://anyoffroadparts.com/i-4118819...m-adapter.html

I was sold when the mechanic was changing out my traval limiting 5100's and installing my new 5125's. One side was completed, one was not. The extra travel was extremely noticable (entire axle was cocked bigtime). I paid $158 for my 5100's, then $179 for the 5125's. Got the correct stuff from downsouth motorsports.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
BRT

Thanks for the info.