Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Map light and Dome light LED mod

Old 05-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #1
AZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to all

Army:
Name: Jay
AZM9's Tacoma Gallery
Map light and Dome light LED mod

Ok, just swapped out my map and dome lights with led's from

www.superbrightleds.com

The map lights are great and you can change them without taking down the console. Just use 2 tiny screwdrivers at once on the front side of the lens, it will pop out. Then you need to use the scredriver to pry the bulb down. It doesn't take alot of effort. But be careful not to break the bulb. I didn't break anything, it was really easy.

The dome light imo is not bright enough. I used the 4410-x9 40mm and upgraded to the natural white for all the bulbs. I am going to research the website and may even go with the circuitboard type dome light.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZM9 View Post
Ok, just swapped out my map and dome lights with led's from

www.superbrightleds.com

The map lights are great and you can change them without taking down the console. Just use 2 tiny screwdrivers at once on the front side of the lens, it will pop out. Then you need to use the scredriver to pry the bulb down. It doesn't take alot of effort. But be careful not to break the bulb. I didn't break anything, it was really easy.

The dome light imo is not bright enough. I used the 4410-x9 40mm and upgraded to the natural white for all the bulbs. I am going to research the website and may even go with the circuitboard type dome light.
how do i tell what size my bulb is in my 04 tacoma maplight and dome light they are both the same size but dont have any numbers on them?
Old 12-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
crusader1 is on a distinguished road

Navy: F8E "Crusader" Fighter Pilot
Name: Al
crusader1's Tacoma Gallery
Map and Dome Light Mods.

Thanks for the tip on Maplights...will get those. I've ordered the Large Oznium LED board (approx. 2x2) to fit inside the Dome...the space there measures 2x5, so think their flex board will fit for max light.

Flash forward...after talking with the company, I modified my order to the "Ultra Thin LED Dome Light", 5" x 1.5" in Cool White. It fits the space perfectly, and gives the maximum amount of light. Comes with an assortment of dummy adaptor bulbs to draw power.

http://www.oznium.com/thin-led-domelight