Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Transmission just started lagging after 55K...

Old 05-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Transmission just started lagging after 55K...

I've searched this and it seems as though only the newer Tacomas are getting a tranny lag. Mine just started lagging ever since I hit 55,000 on the odometer - WTF.

I slow down and when I accelerate again it takes a bit for it to kick into gear. Is this the so called transmission lag?
Old 05-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
I've searched this and it seems as though only the newer Tacomas are getting a tranny lag. Mine just started lagging ever since I hit 55,000 on the odometer - WTF.

I slow down and when I accelerate again it takes a bit for it to kick into gear. Is this the so called transmission lag?
What do you mean by "kick into gear"? Are you talking about it taking longer to shift, or it is very slow to get up to speed?

I notice that my truck does some weird stuff with shifting from time to time, you could try taking it in to get the trans flashed.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
It's taking longer than usual to shift. It revs up pretty high then kicks into gear and lurches forward. It's getting annoying.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
It's taking longer than usual to shift. It revs up pretty high then kicks into gear and lurches forward. It's getting annoying.
Don't know what to tell you, could be a problem with the torque converter, or the trans. All I can recommend is getting the trans flashed, and also doing trans oil change, since you are getting close to the recommend time to change. 60,000-70,000 miles I believe is the recommend time from Toyota.

Sorry I wasn't much help, but hopefully someone else has some ideas to add on what it could be.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:10 AM   #5
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
I would try a drain and fill of the pan. At least once completed you will know the ATF level is at the correct level.