Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

gonna get firestone ride rite kit

Old 05-03-2010, 03:27 PM   #1
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
gonna get firestone ride rite kit

my question is how will it look getting a 3 inch lift kit on top of getting these bags? i would get the block kit for the rear since adding a leaf would make the ride way too stiff with bags. so anyone running this setup or have any input?
Old 05-03-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
soilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura aboutsoilsample has a spectacular aura about
Name: Donald
soilsample's Tacoma Gallery
I have an AAL lift in rear with firestone airbags. My front is lifted with Toytec ultimate lift.
The bags only add lift to the rear with About 10 lbs or more of air pressure. I run about 3-5 lbs with no load which won't give much lift if any at all.

If you run 10+ without a load, your shocks won't do anything.... Only riding on a very stiff air bag which made my truck buck like a mad bronco!!!

So what I'm saying is don't count on using the air bags to achieve much lift.... Only to prevent sag.

Donald
Old 05-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilsample View Post
I have an AAL lift in rear with firestone airbags. My front is lifted with Toytec ultimate lift.
The bags only add lift to the rear with About 10 lbs or more of air pressure. I run about 3-5 lbs with no load which won't give much lift if any at all.

If you run 10+ without a load, your shocks won't do anything.... Only riding on a very stiff air bag which made my truck buck like a mad bronco!!!

So what I'm saying is don't count on using the air bags to achieve much lift.... Only to prevent sag.

Donald

thanks, how high is your lift and can you post pictures of your whole setup?