1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibrations from steering wheel?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacofanatic05', May 3, 2010.

1. May 3, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    Tacofanatic05'

Tacofanatic05' [OP] #1 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Waynesville/Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    05' Tacoma 4x4 sr5, 3 Inch lift
    16'' American Racing wheels, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer St tires, Bilstein 5100 w/eibach coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44, 1 in 2 out exhaust. Tractor Supply Tool Box, No Mud Flaps, Mossy Oak Seat Covers, Oakley Decals, Hoyt Decal, Window tint 20% on sides 5% on top front windshield, Uniden Cb, and Window Deflectors.
    Ok so about a year ago i had some 265/75/16's installed on my yoter and ever since then I've had a shake in my steering wheel, I've had the tires balanced twice since then. Any suggestions on what i can do about this? It shakes enough for me to want to fix it buts is not a real concern.

2. May 3, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    skistoy

skistoy Make mine a Double!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    09 4X4 SR5 BSP Double Taco
    Rear Spring TSB,Billy 5100@.85,Bull bar,Nerfbar,Painted Grill,Painted Rims,Bed D-rings,Compustar Starter,Goodyear Duratrac's,Transmission TSB,Brake Overide
    Did you also put on new rims. on one of my toyotas i put on new rims and tires and it did the same thing. So much i sold them to a friend. paid more attention to the offset and got the same rims with the offset to match my stock rims. got rid of the vibration.

That or do the chalk test with the tires for two reasons.
    1. it will show you at what pressure your tires wear evenly
    2. you can see and FEEL how the truck responds to different tire PSI

It may take a couple days of trying different PSI, but once you find what works for your truck you will be much happier.

For example: on my truck, 265/75R16 Duratracs , 32 psi front / 24 psi rear

3. May 3, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    Tacofanatic05'

Tacofanatic05' [OP] #1 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Waynesville/Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    05' Tacoma 4x4 sr5, 3 Inch lift
    16'' American Racing wheels, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer St tires, Bilstein 5100 w/eibach coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44, 1 in 2 out exhaust. Tractor Supply Tool Box, No Mud Flaps, Mossy Oak Seat Covers, Oakley Decals, Hoyt Decal, Window tint 20% on sides 5% on top front windshield, Uniden Cb, and Window Deflectors.

Im going to try the psi, but i don't think the problem is the wheels because i had the stock tires on these same wheels before and i had no vibrations at all. But thanks for the Psi test ill definetly try it!

Products Discussed in

To Top