LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

The last mf'n straw!

Old 05-04-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
rebelsold will become famous soon enoughrebelsold will become famous soon enough

Name: Gim
rebelsold's Tacoma Gallery
The last mf'n straw!

I hate the rear suspension on the tacoma. Toyota really shit the bed on the rear suspension leafs. I'm out of warranty for this BS TSB and im damn sure not gonna pay for them to do it. Now i have ridiculous squaks and creaks every time i get in get out, drive over bump, anything. No other truck that i have ever been around makes so much fucking noise from the rear suspension as these monkey fucking leafs. When i get these things replaced i am going to shove them right up the service manager at Bill Penny Toyota Huntville AL 's ass. Sorry for the rant, but its motherfucking ridiculous.
I'm pretty much set on the OME rear leaf pack (the dakar ?) but i wanted to see if there were other leak pack companies you guys would suggest. Yes i will be doing a full lift but im trying to determine the best leak pack to go with.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
so why the hell are you bitching about the factory leafs if your just planning on getting rid of them for a lift anyways?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
10silvertaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
10silvertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
so why the hell are you bitching about the factory leafs if your just planning on getting rid of them for a lift anyways?
x2!
Old 05-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #4
rebelsold will become famous soon enoughrebelsold will become famous soon enough

its bullshit. I have owner toyotas since i could drive, and to be honest i have never ever had a problem with any product the have made out of the box. I've had the celica, the supra, and now the tacoma. This is the one vehicle that i feel they didnt maintain the quality the i have come to expect. I love the truck but certain aspects of it were done very badly.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #6
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
any leaf springs will squeak if the get dirty. Clean under your truck and add a little grease between the springs. That should help.
Also I just put on he 2" AAL from toytec, and those babies have a great arc to them. Its pretty inexpensive too.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #7

by the way, im just verbalizing due to the fact that i spent 2 hours last night under the truck with a presure washer. i was certain i had gotten them clean and this morning? SQUEAKY SQUEAKY. its just ticked me off. thats all
Old 05-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #8
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery

Its a known issue.
It is what it is.
Sorry for your troubles
Old 05-04-2010, 07:03 AM   #9
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I will say that they should just fix all the TSB issues before the trucks even leave the factory but that would cost toyota losts of money and there are plenty of people that dont know any better, for the ones that do good on them but hope your within warranty coverage for the parts.

here are some links for full leaf packs and other rear suspension parts.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05upt...eafsprings.htm

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoaal.htm

http://www.allprooffroad.com/05tacomarearsuspension

P.S. take some wd40 and spray down your leafs, Ive heard that helps
Old 05-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #10
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
I will say that they should just fix all the TSB issues before the trucks even leave the factory but that would cost toyota losts of money and there are plenty of people that dont know any better, for the ones that do good on them but hope your within warranty coverage for the parts.

here are some links for full leaf packs and other rear suspension parts.

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoaal.htm

http://www.allprooffroad.com/05tacomarearsuspension

P.S. take some wd40 and spray down your leafs, Ive heard that helps
I was just about to say this. I mean really, how much extra would it have cost them to just add one more leaf spring? Just make the rear suspension a little less wussy? :/
Old 05-04-2010, 07:06 AM   #11
on idiot patrol ;)
SCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCFirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Firefighter
Name: Stephan
SCFirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsold View Post
by the way, im just verbalizing due to the fact that i spent 2 hours last night under the truck with a presure washer. i was certain i had gotten them clean and this morning? SQUEAKY SQUEAKY. its just ticked me off. thats all
grease will do the trick
Old 05-04-2010, 07:10 AM   #12

I appreciate the help. I cant really say much to the wife because when she see's me like this the first thisng she thinks is how much $$$$$ its gonna cost. Second is trade the thing in. Its paid for so im not trying to dump it for something else.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #13

the toytec AAL has some nice anti friction pads on them that will help with squeaking.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:13 AM   #14
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
grease will do the trick
I saw in an earlier thread that somebody had mentioned WD40 as well.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 AM   #16
TheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 63B
TheOtherGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFirefighter View Post
grease will do the trick
Are you saying put grease between the individual leaves? or Put grease on the bushings where they are bolted to the frame? or both
Old 05-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #17
Retired UPS driver
under1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shedunder1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shedunder1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shedunder1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shedunder1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shedunder1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shedunder1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shedunder1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shedunder1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shedunder1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shedunder1630 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: kicked out for having personality disorder
Name: Jon
under1630's Tacoma Gallery
Both! On the bushings to lubricate them and on the leafs to quiet the squeaking where they contact one another during compression and decompression.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:39 AM   #18
eskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud ofeskamo23 has much to be proud of

eskamo23's Tacoma Gallery
on the bushings where they are bolted to the frame, putting it in between the springs wont do anything i dont think
Old 05-04-2010, 07:51 AM   #19
Infinus will become famous soon enoughInfinus will become famous soon enough
Infinus's Tacoma Gallery
I just hose them down with some silicon lubricant from time to time. Works good and lasts a decent amount of time too. Mostly you just need to get the bushings.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:07 AM   #20
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsold View Post
I hate the rear suspension on the tacoma. Toyota really shit the bed on the rear suspension leafs. I'm out of warranty for this BS TSB and im damn sure not gonna pay for them to do it. Now i have ridiculous squaks and creaks every time i get in get out, drive over bump, anything. No other truck that i have ever been around makes so much fucking noise from the rear suspension as these monkey fucking leafs. When i get these things replaced i am going to shove them right up the service manager at Bill Penny Toyota Huntville AL 's ass. Sorry for the rant, but its motherfucking ridiculous.
I'm pretty much set on the OME rear leaf pack (the dakar ?) but i wanted to see if there were other leak pack companies you guys would suggest. Yes i will be doing a full lift but im trying to determine the best leak pack to go with.
I completely agree and was in the same boat but all you're gonna get here is a buncha shoulda researched before you purchased crap when it is really Toyota shoulda put decent shit on there to begin with and it shouldn't have gone on for 5 model years. I bought certified preowned with 48k so no go for me either, I tried. I just said fuck it and got the Toytec 1.5 AAL.