LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I need help diagnosing my passenger side window...

Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 AM   #1
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I need help diagnosing my passenger side window...

So the passenger side window on my truck will only go down if you press the switch on the driverside, it wont work with the swith on the passenger side. Is this common? Does anyone know how to diagnose or fix this?
Old 05-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Check the window lock. I think when locked it disables the other controls.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
OCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedOCTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Check the window lock. I think when locked it disables the other controls.
That was the first thing i checked, also all the other windows work.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Did you spill anything on it? might just have to take it apart and inspect it
Old 05-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #5

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Did you spill anything on it? might just have to take it apart and inspect it
No i dont think anything was spilt on it. what do i look for when i take the door apart?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
ProRacerNorm is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Corrections Officer
Name: Norm
ProRacerNorm's Tacoma Gallery
I was having the same problem for a while but ended up just going away. It was probably moisture.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #7

OCTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRacerNorm View Post
I was having the same problem for a while but ended up just going away. It was probably moisture.
Weird... I'll take the switch off and go over it with a blow drier to see if that will fix it.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Weird.. I had the same thing happen to me, but just once. The passenger side switch wouldn't work at all to raise or lower the window. The next time I started the truck (after stopping at a convenience store) it worked again. I've been trying that switch on just about every trip now but it won't fail again..